PB12 placement suggestions...Pls see diagram->

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JasonCI, Jan 12, 2005.

1. JasonCI

JasonCI Stunt Coordinator

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to suggest an alternative location and orientation for my new PB1.

I've posted a drawing of my wacky living room for reference. I've tried two locations, both in the southwest corner of my room. They are labeled "SUB LOC 1" and "SUB LOC 2". Both locations yield a similar (and EQ'able) FR at my sweet spot. However, when I walk around the room I notice other areas where the bass is more prominent. For example, when my sub is placed in "SUB LOC 2" I find the nook where I keep my component rack ("COMP RACK" - SE corner) is thick with bass. This may be undesirable for my neighbors since we share the east wall.

My first constraint is that I don't want to move my sweet spot, even if it's not as sweet as it could be for this application. Second, I want keep the neighbor rattling to a minimum. I would guess that placement along the east wall conflicts with my second constraint, but I'm not sure.

BTW - I've tried the 'Crawling for Bass' technique and didn't have much success with it.

Thanks all!

[​IMG]

2. Mike^S

Mike^S Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried putting the sub on either side of the main sofa? That should give you good response and not irritate the neighbors as much.

3. JasonCI

JasonCI Stunt Coordinator

My only problem with that is where to run the sub cable. I don't think having the a cable run through the living room will fly with the Mrs.