What's new

PB12 Owners-I Thought I Did This Right, But Am Not Sure (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I thought I calibrated my PB12 properly when I set everything up about a month ago, but late this afternoon when I popped in James Taylor Live at The Beacon Theater (excellent DVD, btw) I noticed that I didn't hear the bass guitar like I wanted, so I turned the level up. WOW! Unreal!:) I only had it at ~1/3 up, but ended up @ 3/4.
I don't really know how to ask this question, but here goes: Do you turn the level up, say 1/3 to 1/2 and then calibrate it from there? Or what? Does that make sense?
Also, where do I set the Crossover Frequency?
FYI, I'm running the Onkyo 600, and am using both line level inputs from the sub.
Thanks!

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Hey--
I *know* this is probably elementary, but I need to know how to do this properly! Anybody?:frowning:

Jason Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Hi WilliamG,
I've got the PB12 and I started at halfway when I first set it up. Then I used a test disk with a SPL meter and it ended up almost 3/4 up on the back of the sub and -7 on my receiver. For music I calibrated by ear but still havent gotten it to blend right. More of a room issue for me than anything to do with the sub. It doesnt matter if you use a Y splitter or just connect to one of the rcas on the back of the sub. I read on this forum that it will give you a 6db boost. I havent tried this because I still have a lot of volume left after I calibrated. I think the crossover on your receiver is fixed at 80 HZ. There is a LFE toggle switch on the back that totally disables the Subs Crossover. I think they should have worded that a little better.:) Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks