What's new

PB12-NSD and Epik Empire (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, I remember you. Long time, still want some of that Darjeeling tea I believe it was :) I haven't heard the VTF-3 Mk4, so I can't comment on it, but I've heard the MkIII a number of times and it does a great job for both movies and music. If you are in the same place, you had a pretty large space. HSU may have been recommending the near field placement because of the large space, but it also has selectable tuning so you can configure it for more extension (movies) or more output with slightly less extension (music). I'd say it is a toss up though, since I think both will do fine for movies or music; in other words, you can't loose either way you go.

KaushikC

Grip
John, Nice to hear from you. Let us meet up one of these days and we can discuss about the latest in the HT world and also I can brew some more "Darjeeling" Tea for you. I am now leaning more towards the SV PB12NSD. I am also in the process of upgrading my receiver and planning to get the Yamaha RX-3010A..... By the way, do you think that an additional amp like the EMOTIVA XPA 5 will add to the sound stage or is it an over kill for my space

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Same speakers as before? That's a pretty expensive receiver. Since you are considering the XPA-5, I'd say you are better off going with a slightly lower model receiver and getting the XPA-5. You might even get away with a XPA-3, since the front three are the ones that are going to mostly benefit from an amp; I think the surrounds can probably handle that kind of power, but they may not need it.

KaushikC

Grip
Yes same speakers...though now I have in-wall triad for rear and side surround. I have decided on the receiver, but still debating on the Power amp...

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Didn't know this thread was still going. Just to update what I've gone with... I decided to return my PB12-NSD and ordered a Passive JTR Captivator which I will run with a Berhinger 4000 amplifier. Should be a great upgrade. Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks