What's new

PB12–NSD/2 vs PB12-Plus (1 Viewer)

Gavin_mi

Stunt Coordinator
ok, I have wanted a PB12-Plus/2 for about a year now and ive finally talked my girl into letting me buy myself a sub for x-mas. I wish I had the $1500 it would cost me to get the Rosewood PB12-Plus/2, but I only have $1000 to play with. I would like to know who has put the new NSD/2 through its paces... can it run with the -Plus? am probably about 50% 2.1 music and 50% HT but im really wanting this for HT....when im blasting rock and the whole house is moving im not too worried about clarity and all that....but when im sitting down to watch a movie it is insanely deistracting when my sub cant keep up or I hear it get boomy...I live in a crawl space house with 8 foot ceiling and my living room is about 14x22 and opens into the rest of the house through an 6x6 door way with no doors :frowning:. I want a sub that will make the world come undone and be clean doing it. going to be running it with ascend CMT-340s across the front and junk surrounds for now. which sub would be best for me...can the PB12-Plus get into the 100 db range 20hz - 100 hz in a room that size? can either of these subs pull that off? or would I need the PB12-Plus/2 for that? also what is the deal with not being able to get the parametric equalizer only with the wood finishes?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
NSD/2 should still have more output than the Plus, however the Plus will likely sound cleaner. Plus will be smaller too, if that matters. Not sure about the PB-12 Plus, but my buddy's 20-39 Plus definitely hits 100dB in the mid 20s in a room about that size that is open to an adjacent area.

Gavin_mi

Stunt Coordinator
thanks John, do you know the story on the parametric eq not coming on the black matte finish?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sorry, I don't have anything on that. I'd shoot that question directly over to SVS and see what they say.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have been doing a lot of research on subs and I think that I am sold on the SVS PB12 NSD/2. I don't know if I want to shell out another $300 to move up to the PB12 Plus 2.

Ron Temple

Stunt Coordinator
Depending on content, I'll get peaks between 110-115db playing at -10 from reference (calibrated @ 75db/-10). That's pretty much maxed out and I only play that loud to test. My listening room is ~ 2000cube, but as John said, it opens to another 5000. You'll have even more headroom with the NSD/2. I haven't heard it and so can't comment on the bass definition aspect, but I'm sure you'd be happy with either model.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks