What's new

PB12 Noise (1 Viewer)

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Ok guys, I have the JBL S setup with a PB12 and Poineer reciever. All eqipment new. Good cables going to it

The JBL PB12 is starting to emit a low hum to it. You can hear it when all sound goes away or right before the sub turns of automatically.

What is the deal with that?

Would it be related to the power connections? Should I give the sub it's own power outlet?

My PB12 has hummed since the day it was plugged in (3 years). Definitely audible from a few feet away when no ambient sound is present. I tried different fixes but the local distributor says it's the nature of the beast, unfortunately. Other than that it has performed quite well, considering the purchase price.

Rick Favreau

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
It's a decent sub for the price, but mine too has hummed from day one as well.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello all. I also have a PB12...and it hums. I tried switching outlets: no luck. I attempted to see if my old sub hummed: it was quiet. So I honestly don't get it. My uncle also has a PB12, and I don't notice it humming in his room. It is hard to notice during a movie, but when your stuff is off, it is very noticeable. Oh well, for the price, this thing shakes the room!

AJG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruiyu
Recent bookmarks