pb12-isd comparable to b&w

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Dennis-L, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Dennis-L

Dennis-L Auditioning

Anyways i was wondering if a pb12-isd is comparable to the B&W 600. As i loved the B&W low, deep bass.

Only reason as i am considering trying out the svs is $$ budget. So any helpful comments/opinions on how the pb12-isd compares to the B&W is appreciated.

Btw speakers are monitor 7's and cc-370

2. JasonCI

JasonCI Stunt Coordinator

If you love low, deep bass you've love the PB12. In this respect there's no comparison IMO. The cylinder equivalent model from SVS may even be more to your liking.

3. Eric Ha

Eric Ha Stunt Coordinator

Honestly, the SVS should crush the B&W. Look at the stats.

12" driver vs. 10" driver
    320 watt amp vs. 150w amp
    -3db @ 20hz vs. -3db @ 26hz
    18" x 21" x 20" vs. 14.5" x 14.5" x 18"
    78 lb. vs. 43 lb.

The smaller SVS PB-10ISD should whoop the B&W also if you're on a budget.

4. Dan Halchak

Dan Halchak Stunt Coordinator

The SVS WILL crush the B&W.

My PC+ 20-39 is very compareable to the N800 sub... So the PB12-ISD would easily play lower, better, and not have the "boominess" of the B&W.

I went through the B&W 600, 650, 675, 800, and 850 before I settled on the SVS...and it by far has impressed me far more (for the price) than any of the B&W subs. I love my B&Ws, don't get me wrong, I want my 802Ds (if only I could afford them)!!!!! But their subs leave something to be desired.

I agree with Eric Ha as well, the PB10-ISD would definitely give the SVS 600 a beatdown. The B&W 600 sticks out like a sore thumb, it's more heard than felt. It does not integrate seemlessly into the soundstage. My friend's B&W 600 I can point it out every time exactly where the sub is. I had my SVS over there, you couldn't tell if it was on at all, it seemed like the mains were play just that incredibly low... [​IMG] That's how I like it.

5. Eric Ha

Eric Ha Stunt Coordinator

Dan, just makes you wonder what those SV speakers will be like, don't it? [​IMG]