1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

pb10 vs DAYTON 10"

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by kuttaS, Dec 6, 2003.

1. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

i want to buy a budget subwoofer to go with nsp and denon 883. which one is better between the two. the dayton looks ugly in front of the jbl. are there other good performing budget subs??

2. Ray.S

Ray.S Auditioning

I recently bought the PB10 and am happy with the bass output for the price. I have my HT in the family room which is 15x20. There have been complaints about amp failures on the jbl sub.

3. DamonG

DamonG Auditioning

I also have the JBL PB10 subwoofer. For the price, you can not find a better sub. Nice DEEP bass and great lows. I am using an Onkyo TXSR-501 receiver, and it sounds wonderful!! [​IMG]

4. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

I have not heard the dayton 10" but the JBL is very good for the price. The only reason I didn't go with that sub is because of the amp quality issues.

5. Aaron Howell

Aaron Howell Stunt Coordinator

I have a pb-10 also, it was okay when corner loaded. IMHO it was horrible for music though, very unnatural. It made me and several friends frown when played with music. It has been in a box in the basement ever since I finished my first shiva ebs. I never had any reliability issues with it though.

Edit:
    It was a nice size though, especially when compared to the 142L shiva.

6. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

any comments on the Dayton 10" from partsexpress

7. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Are you talking about the auto on/off problem? That was only on the old subwoofer, not the new one. To tell you the truth I'd be more worried about the amp in the JBL. I don't know if the PB line has a history of problems but I know many of the previous lines of JBL subs have had a history of bad amps.

I've only heard the original Dayton 10" sub and it was amazing at what it could do for only $100. If the new version is anything like the old one, it's quite a bargain. It's performance is probably equal to many subs that sell ~$200-250.

8. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

No, I'm talking about bad amps too. Too many that just stop working after a while.