What's new

pb10 or sa-wm40? (1 Viewer)

Steve Cross

Agent
both are in my price range, but if i can save $ for the same performance :D :emoji_thumbsup:
P.S.- My room is a bit odd 20' deep x 10' wide

VinhT

Second Unit
The Sony is better for home theater use. But the JBL has the hump around 60Hz that some people like for music.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
What can you really do in terms of DIY for $200? For $300, I can see something maybe, IF you build your own enclosure from the ground up, but that's about the floor for decent DIY. Or am I wrong? If so, someone please spec out this elusive good $200 DIY sub.

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator

hey Frank, how is this sub? I became very curious after reading your post. I'll need a sub for my yet undecided/unpurchased Energy take 5, Paradigm Cinema (etc., again, haven't decided). Since I live in an apartment, I thought I'd go cheap on the sub, since I couldn't really "utilize" it to its full potential. but the price of this seems quite nice, and it sure seems like it would be better than the wm-40, PB10, Energy s10, etc. Curious on the opinions on this.

thanks.

Lorenzo K

Agent
The sony is pretty good. Make sure to place it at least 8 inches from the wall to give it room to breath. A foot will be better. The Sony's port is located at the back so giving it breathing space is important to keep it from sounding boomy. It's what I did with mine since I did not want to modify and void my warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks