What's new

PayPal question (1 Viewer)

Al_S

Second Unit
I have a question about PayPal. Let's say you have a PayPal account that is tied to a credit card and you also have money in your account that somebody sent you. When you go to pay for something that you purchased will PayPal take money from the money that is in your account or will they charge your credit card and leave the money in the account. I didn't really find anything on their site that answers my question.

Thanks

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Don't know if I remember right but u can choose which payment method u prefer. They would however prefer taking from ur account.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm pretty sure that you no longer have an option, as I've done this very recently. If there is any balance in your account, it will use that and NOT give you the option of using the credit card. (Unless of course, the payment is greater than the amount in your account, in which case the remainder will get charged to your cc.) So if you'd rather use your credit card for whatever reason, you could transfer the funds in your account to your linked bank account first.

Al_S

Second Unit
Thanks for the replies. I just sent payment for something and it deducted from the account and not my cc.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This is one of my pet peeves with PayPal as a business user. I want the option of paying by credit card (which you are supposed to be able to do, but it won't let you) instead of splitting out part of the funding from the account and the rest on a card. It is an accounting nightmare.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
If you don't want PAYPAL to use whatever balance is in your account, transfer your balance to your bank, or have them cut you a check, before paying for an item.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

This is fine if you are only dealing in one currency, but when transferring to your account entails a conversion, it is not always the right time to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks