paypal question regarding bank transfer & unverified status

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I have a paypal account I used like many years ago (when getting a check from them was free). I just sold a tent via paypal and I had to request a bank transfer. I've been unverified since then so when I did the bank transfer, it made me enter my bank information. Then I requested the transfer and everything looks like it is OK, but it said it was going to post a few cents in the bank and I can verify my account that way... Do I have to do that to get the bank transfer to work? I have no need to leave my bank information there, so I'm thinking of leaving my account unverified but I was interested if the bank transfer will still work...

Jay

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

You are not going to be able to do a bank transfer if you are unverified.

If you have electronic banking... getting Verified isn't really that big of a deal (they credit twice with a few cents and you report back the value so they know it is you). It is for your protection [​IMG]

You can also ask them to send a check (for a fee) or use your PayPal balance to buy something else online.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks.. ugh, I'm not interested in having to pay for my money! I guess I'll verify the account and then maybe delete the account or perhaps just delete my bank information. When I requested the bank transfer, it had no problems going through with it even though I am unverified.

Oh well, now I can try and sell my old tennis racquet..

Jay

4. MikeMcGrew

MikeMcGrew Stunt Coordinator

I made 47 cents off the deal!!!
    [​IMG]

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Wow Mike, maybe you can buy 1 blank CD-R somewhere! [​IMG]

I don't have a 128-bit Netscape installed yet so I haven't tried my online bank account to check, I wonder if they use different amounts at random... Maybe I'll get a computer glitch and they'll deposit 47 million bucks!

Jay