What's new

Paying with Visa on eBay ok? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Is paying with visa ok on eBay? Does the "store" charge you extra? I am in Canada too, so there's a price difference also in terms of exchange and maybe visa does or does not give me a decent exchange rate?

Scott_G

Second Unit
I use VISA / MC whenever possible on the net.

Exchange rates tend to be better that you can get at bank.

You can reverse the charges if you get ripped off.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
What about PAYPAL?? Do I need to have a PAYPAL account or can I pay the seller with my VISA without using MY PAYPAL account? Know what I mean?

Jason Au

Grip
It depends on the seller. Some sellers accept visa directly, while others require that you use it through paypal.

Bob Segno

Agent
Chris, I was on some kind of personel rampage last summer,buying all kinds of analog stuff, records and tapes and other software. They were mostly from private partys, some dealers. I used Visa, Mastercard and Paypal. Never had a problem with over 60 transactions! Got burned twice on 2 diffrent bids for a total of about $35, just a couple of flaky people,but nothing to do with visa or mc.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
OK, so if I pay VISA through PAYPAL, do I need a PAYPAL account? Are there any costs to me to use a PAYPAL account to use my VISA?

If I don't have a PAYPAL account and the auction says I can pay by VISA through PAYPAL, do I just pay with my VISA and it has nothing to do with PAYPAL??

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Yes, you need a Paypal account in order to make a credit card payment to someone through Paypal.

There are no fees for the buyer when sending money through Paypal. Paypal only has fees for people if they are a)premier or business members or b)personal members receiving payments by credit cards.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
OK. thanks. But I still am not sure if they only accept VISA through PAYPAL or both or what. Anyways...

MikeHalder

Stunt Coordinator
PayPal takes VIS/MC/DISCOVER. I use them all the time for personal and business auction transactions.

Mike

brian a

Second Unit
You might look at www.c2it.com as well. I've heard good things about them, and they don't have fees for using a credit card like paypal does.
brianca..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks