What's new

Paying too much for Pioneer? (1 Viewer)

Mark Yatchak

Agent
Yesterday I bought a Pioneer VSX 49TX from a local store. I absolutely love it. I paid $3200.00 plus tax (6 months same as cash) for the unit. After reading various posts, I see a lot of people paid $500.00-$700.00 less. Now I hear the TXi is right around the corner and will sell for the same price. I'm thinking I should return the unit? I'm not overly concerned about the TXi benefits, I understand upgrades happen but being this close and paying what I now believe to be too much is upsetting me. Am I overreacting?

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I paid about $2500 online for mine. I would probably return it & wait till the TXi comes out in a few months. Then if you go to this link (Link Removed) you'll see a post about buying the TXi called Vsc-49TXi and Dv47Ai from docDVD He can get for you for about $2850 plus shipping with warranty. he seems like pretty honest guy many people have ordered from him before but I never have very knowledgable guy. You can contact him if you want more info. Some people on this website may have bought from him before & maybe they'll chime in.
Daniel Smith

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Mark,
I bought mine from soundpros.com great guys $2550 shipped I think its now $2450 shipped. I would probably wait for the new model the current 49tx can be upgraded but we have to pay for the upgrade, you may not think its important now but I have a hunch pioneer knows what their doing they seem to be the trend setters lately:emoji_thumbsup:
Bob

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Mark,

You should know that there are NO dealers who are authorized to sell Pioneer Elite product online. Zero, zippy, zilch. If piece of mind is worth a few hundred to you then be happy with your price. If it bothers you then return it and buy online but understand you *may* have warranty issues if there is a problem. Regards.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Actually Bill, soundpros and many other Internet providers will honor pioneers 2 year warranty with a new unit and Btw soundpros has been in business since 1978 and have many happy customers that keep buying from them!
you should really do your homework first before you post statements like that!

Bob

RajeeK

Second Unit
You should know that there are NO dealers who are authorized to sell Pioneer Elite product online. Zero, zippy, zilch. If piece of mind is worth a few hundred to you then be happy with your price. If it bothers you then return it and buy online but understand you *may* have warranty issues if there is a problem. Regards.
Well I paid $2500 for my 49TX. I agree to some people a few extra hundred bucks is worth the piece of mind. But is an extra $700, to me no way. I got mine from Uncles Stereo in NY. They are ok to buy from. I would have preferred Sound Pro's but they didn't have them in stock when I was ordering so I went with Uncles. Uncles states they will also match the 2 year warranty. They stated they will also pay for return shipping. Even if I didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back for any problems, I could most certainly get it repaired for under $700 if needed (and that's a big if).

Go back to the store and tell them to knock $500 off your price or you want to return it. Many stores would much rather do that, than have to sell used merchandise. If they say no, hand it back to them and buy elsewhere.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Bob and Daniel,
I have done my homework. I am a Pioneer Elite dealer. :)
As I said, there are no authorized online Pioneer ELITE dealers. There are Pioneer dealers online. If you don't believe my statement, call Pioneer and speak to someone that knows the Elite product. Regards.
RajeeK,
"They stated they will also pay for return shipping. Even if I didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back for any problems".
I'm stating that I have a bridge to sell you in Manhattan. Do you believe my statement? LOL!! They can "state" anything they want to, until there is a problem you won't know if the statement is true or if they are blowing smoke up your a**. ;)

BobRoulier

Second Unit
After I bought my 49tx from soundpros I had gone to my local tweeter to check out the 47a dvd player and told my sales guy what I paid the receiver and he said he would match their prices from now on! as a matter of fact I took home the 47a for a week and he was gonna match soundpros $755.00 an awesome player that does everything well but I found the pannasonic rp91 to have a stunning picture consistently on every movie where the pioneer falls behind with some dvds and the chroma bug is very noticeable. I also at the same time compared them to sony 900 the rp91 is king in my eyes:emoji_thumbsup: sorry I know this isn't the place to post reviews but I couldn't resist:D
Bill, I understand what your saying about the "authorized dealers online" but it is possible to buy online and still have piece of mind and warranty. If someone doesn't want to go that route you can buy local at cheaper prices than suggested retail. before tweeter I found a small place locally that I could have picked up the 49tx for $2800 and that was when it first came out! but obviously tweeter can match or beat a lot of prices they buy this stuff by the truck load
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Btw one of these dealers told me they pay $2210 for each unit of course It may vary according to how many you buy:D
Bob

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I will probably buy a 49TXi next year. It will probably cost me $1000 out-of pocket. How????

My lovely wife has worked for Pioneer for 14 years. She gets a $750 merchandise bonus for her 15th anniversary. I'll kick in the grand and enjoy the best receiver around.

Does anyone want to buy a used VSX-09TX???

DanielSmi

Second Unit
So I guess that the difference between authorized dealers & unauthorized dealers is nothing. So if you buy from an authorized internet dealer and you have a problem and you call them up their just gonna say "F@#CK OFF buddy we got your $$ we don't care about your return business we won't honor their warranty your SOL that's what Pioneer authorized us to do absolutely nothing". That's a load of BS but I'm not suprised because you work for a B&M store & everytime I go to one of those places and mention buying stuff online they say stupid stuff like " well I hope you don't get some japanese model". They say stuff like that because they lose tons of $ to the internet because you can't compete with the prices so to try to counter that you try to scare people from buying online but I know your full of it & hence you lose more business from me because I don't want to come in to your store and hear that crap. So if your an authorized dealer you don't honor the warranty, is that what your telling us or is it only the authorized internet dealers that won't honor the warranty. RRRIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTT sure buddy OK!! Here's yet another link from an authorized Pioneer ELITE internet dealer telling me that they will honor Pioneer's warranty (but their lying to me and just want to take my money) if I order from them.
http://ww2.onecall.com/AuthorizedDealerPO.mpt
Also on the authorized dealer list is Pioneer Direct where you can order directly online from Pioneer but I bet Pioneer won't honor the own warranty even if I buy directly from them because I bought from them through the EVIL internet (ooohhh scary) it's like the internet is the boogie man or somthing. Why wouldn't Pioneer honor a warranty from an authorized internet dealer, that bad business sense what's the difference between buying online or from a B&M nothing you still get the same product, the internet dealer didn't take a bat to the receiver before they sent it to you, only difference is that it's about $700 dollars less than from a B&M so you'd have to be a moron to buy from them for that much & and no difference. Pioneer realizes that they are gonna lose money if they don't have authorized internet dealers because for $700 bucks they will lose customers who can't afford to pay that much more for the same thing. This will make their products available to more people and Pioneer doesn't lose money because you bought from an internet dealer the dealer does but the do that so they can get more business and they stay in business because they are on the worldwide market no just a local market like the B&M, so they deal with potentially tens of millions of people not tens of thousands of people.
Daniel Smith

KurtisJ

Agent
Onecall will only sell Pioneer Elite as retail sales only. That means in their B&M store! It even states that after each Elite entry..receivers..tvs...ect

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I know this is not the point but I have heard of know one having any problems with their 49tx so far:emoji_thumbsup: hopefully know one will:D
Bob

TomH

Second Unit
Pioneer, Elite or standard, is and has always been a typical 40% discount product. If the warm fuzzy of buying from an "authorized" dealer is worth $1000.00 then by all means do it. Most Etailers will offer to handle warranty issues for you or provide a substitute warranty. Buy with a credit card that offers buyers protection and extended warranty and you are covered.
Next we will see JVC and Yorx playing the "authorized" dealer scam.
Check out this link.
http://www.reliableaudiovideo.com/pionrec.html
Tom

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Daniel,

I don't "work" for anyone, I own the company. The rest of your post is simply poorly written drivel and requires little response. As was noted by Curtis and Gabriel a dealer that purchases Elite product from Pioneer can sell the product through retail sales or custom installation sales only. No Internet sales.

Those that purchase Elite product through questionable means can sell any way they wish and Pioneer can choose to NOT stand behind the product they sell.

TomH,

What do you do for a living? Does your comapny sell something? Are there companies that are buying your product and devaluing it by selling it on the gray market? Would that be a scam also? How about car dealerships? Is that a scam? McDonalds or BK? Only franchisees can sell those products. I fail to see your "scam" logic.

Let me make something clear. Pioneer does not tell me what price I can sell their product for. I can choose to sell any product at any price I wish. The only rules I'm asked to adhere to are in regards to advertised price, not selling price. Regards.

Robert Fellows

Stunt Coordinator
I had an issue with an Elite unit I bought from SoundCity.com.
I made a copy of my receipt and took it, and my unit, to an authorized Pioneer repair center here in California and gave both to them.

Two days later I had my unit back in my hands, no charge and no problems.

It's been my experience that if you have a receipt and the unit is within the warranty period, the shop fixes it.

They don't care where you got it...they don't sell units, only fix them. Why would they cut off their chance to make a few $ fixing a receiver.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Oh, I agree with you Bob. Most repair centers are behind the times with respect to the demands of the manufacturer. That's a good thing for consumers. However, it does make good sense to at least be cognizant the official warranty policies of the manufacturer. There may come a time when the manufacturer will no longer reimburse the repair center for parts and labor on units that are not purchased through recognized channels.
In fact, Denon and Fujitsu are going (or at least threatening) the same route in voiding warranties when their products are not purchased through official authorized channels.
I personally hope it never comes to that, but meanwhile, my priceguaranteed credit card is getting a workout while the rest of the credit cards do nothing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks