1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Pay Movie Channels

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Dec 18, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Is anyone surprised that Pay Channels like Encore and Starz havn't gone out of buisness with the advent of HD TV's and DVD's? I mean, they don't show widescreen movies, they have added annoying little bugs in the corner of the screen, and fora Pay channel, I'm surprised they havn't lost customers with this...

Anyone think that these channels are going to have to evolve to survive the HD revolution?

2. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

A lot of people who watch movies on television still do not know about original aspect ratios and do not understand what they are missing compared to a widescreen DVD or Laserdisc. Along with additional content editing, it's one of the many reasons I do not watch movies on television at all, and have not for the past 5 or 6 years.

With certain TV shows like 24, SNL, and Arrested Developement going HD, and some select movies on AMC going widescreen, it looks inevitable that the original ratios will provail.

Ryan

3. Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S Second Unit

I'm not sure I follow the original poster's point.. All the premium channels have HD versions(HBO-HD, starz-hd etc etc). Check with your cable or satellite company.

Unfortunately, not all of them show their movies OAR(original aspect ratio).