Pavlov would be proud

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Pasant, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

When it happened once, I thought it was a fluke, but now that it happens everytime I am going to accept it as fact.

It seems I have unknowingly pavlovian trained my dogs to realize when a movie is over and its time to go to bed.

I usually bring my dogs in with me at night when I am watching a movie and they lay down and chew on a bone or somesuch, but when they hear the click of the tv, tuner, and dvd player turning off my two lab's pop up and head to the door. They then want to go out and head to bed.

This happen to anyone else? Or are my two lab's Superdogs as I have always suspected?

-- Matt

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Happens to every dog, if you make a sound or perform an action in the same manner for a little while they learn to recognize it and anticipate what comes next. When my dog hears the sound of me putting a plastig bag in my pocket, or hears me get the keys, she knows it's time to go out, and gets all excited.

/Mike

3. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

One of my dogs, a neurotic Sheltie, goes absolutely nuts, barking and running around in circles, when she hears the opening theme music to "Law & Order". She absolutely hates it. And to make it worse, now she has transferred this dislike to "Law & Order: SVU" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent".

4. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

My lab religiously sits in front of her bowl at five o/clock everyday to be fed! I don't need a watch because she is always there. One time I waited outside and peered in the window and at five, she got up and went to the bowl! Weird![​IMG]

5. Steve Zatkoff

Steve Zatkoff Stunt Coordinator

Every morning before work I watch the news and once I turn off the TV and the receiver makes it's clicking sound, Roscoe is sitting right in front of the cabinet, where his treats are.