What's new

Paula Abdul's music videos? (1 Viewer)

John McM

Second Unit
I don't care, Paula's music was cheesy and she couldn't sing, but... I grew up with her and would gladly buy a "best of" video collection from her.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I didnt think she was good 20 years ago. She was lucky she landed the American Idol gig or she would have nothing going.
Now Olivia Newton John and Sheena Easton, now those are voices.

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
Read this thread and immediately went to Amazon and order the ZZTop DVD.

As for Cher, I CAN'T stand that woman.

As for Paule, OHHH Babyyyy...

MikeS.

John McM

Second Unit

oh, I agree completely about Sheena and especially Olivia (I don't care, I love the Physical album, lol), but I do think Paula had a certain amount of funness to her. She was an incredibly limited vocalist and her music was hardly groundbreaking, but nevertheless, it worked for her.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I think "Rush Rush" is one of the better videos of the early 90s (hope it's in this collection). The dvd is listed on Amazon's site for a measly $5.98. I'll definitely be snapping this one up! :emoji_thumbsup:

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
That's the one. It doesn't say Paula Abdul in the description but when added to your cart it says "Video Hits - Paula Abdul".

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I picked up a VHS copy of her videos not too long ago at a flea market.

One interesting thing, a few of them were directed by David Fincher.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I finally purchased this yesterday and oh boy, what a disappointment! First of all let me list what I liked about it:

The menus were pretty ok....the main menu is a replaying clip from 'Straight Up' that has the word "Paula" in watermark running across it. You can choose Play All or Choose Video. On the choose video screen each video's icon is a clip of the video you are going to watch...it looks all classy and nice.

Now for the beef about this.

Everyone who knows Paula's videos and history knows that Arsenio Hall make an appearance in "Straight Up". Not on this collection...in fact any time he appears it's blurred out.

In the "Forever Your Girl" video a patch with a logo on it on one of her jackets is blurred out. I didn't have a chance to check my original copy of that video so I don't know what it is but it sure is noticeably blurred.

The "Rush Rush" video is not the entire thing which was a mini-remake of "Rebel Without a Cause".

I'm hoping Paula makes good on her statement from OH when I met her that she is going to put together her own collection. Luckily this one wasn't that expensive.

Here are scans of the cover, back cover, and the disc.

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
What Bangles videos! I'm slipping. I would totally love to have Paula Abdul's videos, but now that I typed that a lot of them irritated me like the "Opposites Attract," but I like "Crazy Cool," "promise of a new day," and "Rush Rush." Well I guess I like "Knocked Out" too, I'm a sucker for 80's videos....

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Track Listing
“Hero Takes A Fall”
“Going Down To Liverpool”
“Manic Monday”
“If She Knew What She Wants”
“Walk Like An Egyptian”
“Walking Down Your Street”
“In Your Room”
“Eternal Flame”
“Be With You”

55 minutes. $14.98 SRP. Purple & Black cover with an angled box of the pics of each lady near the top, under the band's name in white font. Track listing under pics on front cover. Amaray case.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I'm surprised someone else has seen "Crazy Cool"!! That is a good video...I have two versions of it. Apparently the first one was considered to risque for MTV because Paula licks this cane she's dancing with :b LOL Of course this was all before those hoochies Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears arrived on the scene...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Your answer is in the low low pricetag of this DVD. To show Arsenio would be to pay him a talent residual. To show the Lakers logo is to pay the NBA as well as the team their license fees. Same reasons that music gets changed on TV DVDs.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I suppose that is the reason....it's just really irritating see a big blurry blob on the screen where Arsenio should be......thanks for enlightening me, Dave:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks