What's new

Paul Weller - Illumination (US Release) (1 Viewer)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
This gem was just released on Thursday, January 14.

Holy cow. What an achievement. From perfect soul tracks like "It's Written In The Stars" to swooners like "Who Brings Joy," this CD is a must-have for anyone who appeciates good rock and roll, soul, and a little bit of funk.

The new US release also comes with an extra DVD that features three live tracks - mastered in Dolby Digital 5.1 and in 16x9 enhanced. It also features two videos of singles from the album.

The Capuccino Kid is back.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Josh
Thanks! I'll look for it.
A friend of mine in LA said he was doing a show there... I haven't seen him in San Francisco since I rode my Lambretta to a Jam show...
That's Entertainment!

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
:emoji_thumbsup: I'm playing it right now. The album is about half way over and I sure as hell don't feel like I got cheated! Paul stille has plenty of style left!;)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Hey Rachael
I played the DVD and just about knocked the speakers over...is the audio levels high or is it me?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I haven't watched the DVD yet. I have several new video discs to watch this week, so it's sitting in the back seat. I like the album alot, particularly the so-called bonus cuts. He's one musican I seem to never tire of. I watched my Style Council LD last week. Best wishes!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I 2nd that one. He's one of the few that made the transition from a popular member of a band to a older solo artist without making a fool of himself. I drove down to LA last summer to see him at the house of Blues and his live shows are great!.
He's playing here on the 8th of Feb and I cant wait!If you ever get tired of the style council ld, you know where to send it?
I have video snap from the jam if you ever want to swap for a while
G

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Guys, FYI, there's a Jam DVD coming out in a few months. I already have it preordered from Amazon. I cannot wait.
Comes out 2/25.
I still listen to Paul's new CD every day on my iPod. I also picked up tickets for his 2/21 show here in NYC. Can't wait.
Rachael, what's on the Style Council LD?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Josh, it's called FAR EAST & FAR OUT. It's on the Media label distributed by Image, # ID6360ME. It's a 1984 release. It has:

"ME SHIP COME IN"
THE BIG BOSS GROOVE
HERE'S ONE THAT GOT AWAY
YOU'RE THE BEST THNG
IT JUST CAME TO PIECES IN MY HANDS
MICK'S UP
DROPPING BOMBS ON THE WHITE HOUSE
LONG HOT SUMMER
MY EVER CHANGING MOODS
LE DEPART
THE WHOLE POINT OF NO RETURN
MONEY GO ROUND
HEADSTART FOR HAPPINESS
SPEAK LIKE A CHILD
LE DEPART Reprise

Guyz, ya'all R lucky to see him. The odds of him coming to Knoxville are...never tell me the odds...tiny at best. Unless, maybe he hooks up with Steve Earle in a kuntry rock group, a possibility which I wouldn't necessarily put past him. Well, I have my LD. Best wishes!

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Rachael: Sounds like a cool LD. I'm pretty excited about the show. Only a few weeks!

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Josh, the best part is I got it brand new for $6 in the early 90's. One of the music retailers at the mall always had piles of LD's for discont prices. All of a sudden I can't remember which one... I'd say it's my most watched LD of all time. Enjoy the show, I'll just be dreaming about it. Best wishes!

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Guys, just got "THE COMPLETE JAM" 2 DVD set. It's pretty amazing - contains pretty much all of their videos, tons of live footage, as well as a few featurettes about the band's history and their fans.

Must-buy for Jam fans.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
JoshF
Thanks I will grab it ASAP.
BTW he was on Late night with Conan a week or so ago. Comedy Central repeats the shows sometimes.
His show in SF was great....... alittle strange since he played there 20 years ago doing The Gift. It's a show etched in my mind; everthing from the sidewalk outside with hundreds of Lambrettas and Vespas to the non-stop songs going almost in Ramones style hyperdrive.
No Lammies this time and much slower (and a very strange drum solo to boot?!?) tempo. I guess we are all much older and slower and I respect that. Its just when it is at the same venue, it's so easy to compare the two

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Grant:

Yes, the latest show was a bit strange for those of us who were into The Jam. I agree that the drum solo was wacky. But hey, gotta respect them for what they do.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Last summer I saw him solo at the House of Blues in LA.
Just him and a guitar, I liked it better than the recent show. He seemed more at ease then at the recent show.
When musicians try to relive their youth, it generally comes out bad. I am glad he went in the direction he did and not form "The son of Jam" and do some oldies tour.
Cant find the DVD at local stores?!?!
Guess I'll look on the net, where did you find it?
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks