Paul Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Johnny Angell said:
On paper, one would think that Paul would be a slam-dunk comedy success. It’s a mash-up, combining the team of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) with Seth Rogen, director Greg Mottola (Superbad) and a helping of the current SNL cast (Bill Hader, Kristen Wiig) to tell the story of Comicon fans meeting a real alien. There’s some fun material here, but it never really catches fire the way it should. The movie’s a little long, a little shaggy here and there, in spite of its best intentions.
You really nailed it. This movie should have been a laugh riot with the talent involved and a genre ripe for parody. Galaxy Quest is everything this movie wanted to be, it just didn't get the job done.
Let me be vehemently disagree with you, Mr. Angell. I've just re-watched Paul on my DVR and I loved it. The two British sci-fi nerds in America mett an alien, is a great idea and a great movie. There was a lot of humor, drama, and tension. I found my self really caring about the 4 main characters. I wouldn't mind a road-trip with them.
So, Johnny, you didn't get this movie at all did you? Well, I think that, that....[DaffyDuckVoice]You're, You're Despicable! [/DaffyDuckVoice]
Sorry, didn't mean to get personal, but I had to set this guy straight. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks