What's new

Patty Duke is 59 (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Patty Duke is 8 days older that me. Every year since we were 16 I have read on this day that Patty Duke is...18...23....whatever.
It's not cute anymore. She is seriously getting old.
Patty! Stop!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
When Mozart was my age, he was already dead 16 years! :D

Try keeping a list of famous people who died before your present age...it helps keep things in perspective.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ

janis joplin, jimi hendrix, brian jones, jim morrison, kurt cobain. yep i'm 27, and thankful i have no musical ability.

CJ

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I think there's a famous quote that says, "Don't resent getting old, many are denied the privilege..."

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the only alternative to getting old is dying young. All those who prefer the latter, raise your hand.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
She is only 59? Wow, I thought she was older. I guess if you do the math, though, it works out to 59.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
And star of the Patty Duke Show in the early 60s (which some of us are old enough to remember) and The Miracle Worker and Valley of the Dolls. Sean's dad is John Astin, best known for playing Gomez Addams.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
From the IMDB:
"His biological father is actually Michael Tell , whom Patty Duke was married to for only a month in 1970. Sean was adopted at age 3 by John Astin, but considers both men to be his father."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Oh yeah...that's right! She's got you by a few days! :laugh:

Six days and counting!

HEY! Isn't today Beethoven's Birthday?! That is one of those stupid nuggets of information I remember from my youth...from those endless conversations between Lucy and Schroder! :D

How odd, Dennis, that you would post his pic today! ;)

EDIT: Oooops! Now I see YOUR birthday greeting under his pic! :b

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
John Spencer, who is two days older than me, died today. This is already being discussed in a separate thread and in the "West Wing" thread and I was not going to mention it here, until I got to this line in his obit:

As a teenager, he landed a recurring role on "The Patty Duke Show" as the boyfriend of English twin Cathy.

I don't know if it was our knowledge of personal problems that he had overcome or our love of his character "Leo".....but John seemed to have a special place in the hearts of many of us.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
His "Tommy Mullaney" was one of my favorite characters on LA Law. Never saw an episode of West Wing.

When I saw his obit I had one of those "That's WAY too young" thoughts. I'm sure you did, too, Henry! :D

Don Black

Screenwriter
I grew up watching reruns of TPDS on Nick-at-Nite and had quite the crush on Patty...er...Cathy...er... =)

People sure looked at me funny in high school when I used the term "long-ed-y-yo-so" though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks