Patton: Special Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rich Romero, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Couple days ago, I bought the Patton: Fox War Classics version at Best Buy unaware of the Special Edition. How rare is this? Might I still be able to return this and find a copy? Is the Fox War Classics version good enough or should I pursue the SE?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The 2disc is OOP. Good luck finding it, it's going to be hard

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I found my 2 disc Patton back in February while window shopping at an HMV during a lunch break. It was also pretty cheap for HMV ($24.99 Cdn). I've seen a few copies since then at various shops...for obvious reasons, they are not there for long. I'd suggest searching for it though - there are copies out there and the extras are worth it IMHO...If you don't find it, the single disc will always be there to pick up.

4. Matt_P

Matt_P Second Unit

If you see this excellent release, snatch it up. I haven't seen it around for quite a while now. The Fox War Classics version is just disc 1 from the 2-disc set. It's missing basically all the extras, most notably Jerry Goldsmith's entire isolated score (over which some legal issues arose). I would recommend looking on eBay, where I've seen some copies floating around. It seems they haven't reached astronomical prices quite yet.

5. SvenS

SvenS Second Unit

If you see this 2 DVD set don't be put off by there not being anything to indicate it is Anamorphic! Rest assured it is definately Anamorphic.