Patton DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristopherDM, Jan 12, 2002.

1. ChristopherDM

ChristopherDM Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering are both versions of the DVD anmorphic widescreen? Columbia House finally has it aviable but I cant tell if its the two disc one or the newer one with the Fox War Movies banner(the image on the site doesnt but I dunno)

Thanks for any and all help

Chris

"I didnt know they stacked shit Five feet and nine inches high"

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

It's the same 16x9 enhanced transfer as the two disc set, sans the second disc. If you can find the SE get it. Pretty good supplements.

Dan

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Although the two-disc SE is not labelled as such, it is definitely an anamorphic transfer. The single disc release uses the same transfer for the film.

4. Greg_M

Greg_M Screenwriter

The Motion Picture Academy screened a print in Dimension 150 (70MM) last November - this film looked beautiful. Karl Malden sat in front of us. George C. Scott gives one of the best performances ever. Bought the Special Edition DVD the next day, one of the best transfers I have seen.

Both versions are the same, but the Special edition has a second disc with more supplements - including the score to the film. It's the better buy - and it only cost me $5.00 more (less than the cost of the CD)

5. ChristopherDM

ChristopherDM Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys. Is there a way to tell on Columbia's site which version they are selling?

Im also pondering just getting the WWII box set from Fox, also has Tora Tora which I liked no nothing bout the other two films on it though.

Christopher