What's new

Patton Blu-Ray remaster in the works (1 Viewer)

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
FoxyMulder said:
Maybe some people don't care about this sort of stuff ( and thats why it happened ) but i care.
Wow, it happened over 40 years ago. Maybe things have changed since 1969?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by David_B_K

Wow, it happened over 40 years ago. Maybe things have changed since 1969?

Doesn't matter how long ago it happened, the film exists and it is tainted slightly by these events. ( if you have a heart and care )

I think in some countries these things still happen, in Spain they still take goats and donkeys to the top of belltowers and throw them out because its "tradition" to do so. ( not to be confused with hunting which is a whole other argument )

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder

Doesn't matter how long ago it happened, the film exists and it is tainted slightly by these events. ( if you have a heart and care )

I guess I don't have enough heart and care as it doesn't taint the film to me as there have been several inhuman things done to animals in the film industry prior to Patton.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I guess I don't have enough heart and care as it doesn't taint the film to me as there has been several inhuman things done to animals in the film industry prior to Patton. Thankfully, the American film industry has outlawed such acts of animal cruelty.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Speaking from experience, I can tell you that if anyone ever tried anything like that on any set I've been on - and this dates back to 1994, several members of the crew would have dealt with the person before they could do anything to the animal.

This is a small town and word of something like that would spread faster than the usual gossip.

During my career, I've never heard of such a thing and I hope I never do.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I understand completely. Those animals would probably be alive today if it wasn't for this film.

/t/310971/patton-blu-ray-remaster-in-the-works/60#post_3871154

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by ScottHM

I understand completely. Those animals would probably be alive today if it wasn't for this film.

Can we be serious about this topic.....please.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Any new info on this yet. The digi is on amazon for $11.99 so Ill probably grab it and wait for the trade in.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
TonyD said:
Any new info on this yet. The digi is on amazon for $11.99 so Ill probably grab it and wait for the trade in.
What makes you believe that there will be an official Fox 'trade in'?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by TonyD

Any new info on this yet.
The digi is on amazon for $11.99 so Ill probably grab it and wait for the trade in.

The latest news is that the new version will be out when hell freezes over, due to climate change this is supposed to happen later this year, Satan is already planning to re-locate to Australia.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez

The latest news is that the new version will be out when hell freezes over, due to climate change this is supposed to happen later this year, Satan is already planning to re-locate to Australia.

...where he will handle all trade-ins personally.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Paul Rossen said:
What makes you believe that there will be an official Fox 'trade in'?
Exactly. If this rumored remastered version does happen, I would not assume a trade-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks