Patriots get served

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Thomas, Nov 17, 2002.

1. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Yeah, a little payback for last year's fluke.

..though for a major part of the game I thought they had the same referees as last year's game.

2. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

They can't pay you back enough for all you did for them last year. That sure was one fine Superbowl victory.
    I've got this NFL films' DVD that clearly shows it wasn't a fumble. You can pick it up here. [​IMG]

3. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

4. John Thomas

[​IMG]

5. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

>>fluke

6. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

I certainly enjoyed the win [​IMG], we don't want to get into the whole thing from last year - that's been beaten to death. However, how about that offensive line? been doing an amazing job last couple of weeks in particular.
    The score didn't really reflect how much the Raiders dominated the game, but it's going to be a tough road to get a wildcard, let alone clinch the division.

7. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

8. John Thomas

9. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

10. John Thomas

11. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

We are which is why the Patriot/Red Sox fans during their Super Bowl Victory parade started chanting "Yankees Suck". Even in victory some of them can't let go of their obvious paranoia.

By the way, I'm a long-time Raider fan from the old AFL days, last year's fumble decision didn't bother me that much because the Raiders inability to execute their offense in the second half is what cost them the game.

Crawdaddy

12. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

Raiders fans have a lot of trouble letting go of spectacular plays. The tuck rule call was a good call. The Immaculate Reception may or may not have been a good call.

But the thing that gets me is how the Raiders fans (especially Madden) obssess over these calls, yet they refuse to admit that the Holy Roller is also just as highly questionable.

I'll never quite get that. Let go of your fan status for a moment and look at it rationally.

9 wins in a row, beating the Raiders, the red hot Steelres and especially the Rams at their peak is no fluke.

13. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Oh my God, don't even get me started on Red Sox fans.[​IMG]
    That Raiders O-line is looking unbelievable. On almost every play, Gannon had enough time to take the snap, call his mother, have a cup of coffee, watch the LOTR extended versions, then throw the ball. It was almost comical.

14. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

15. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

Wow... amazing that some people are still hung up on the infamous "tuck."

Hello, and welcome to "Last Year!"

The Raiders... the best team who wont win a Super Bowl for a loooooooooong time. You can thank Al Davis for that.

16. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Are all of you guys kidding me?

The AFC is a joke right now. Parity has gotten out of hand. There are 13 teams within 2 games of the CONFERENCE leader with only 6 games left. And the 14th team is only 3 games off that pace. So basically the playoff teams will be any of 14 teams. Wow, sure glad those first 11 weeks of football weren't pointless.

I'd love to be happy for the Colts right now, but really when teams can lose 4 in a row and still win a division or even the conference title.

So hurray for the Raiders, 2 weeks from now they'll probably be the worst team in the AFC, then 3 weeks after that they will have home field clinched. Same with the Pats.

Cripes, even the Jets are right in it.

I will agree that remarkably Sun night's game had several plays in a row that had everyone feeling deja vu, though they all seemed pretty legit.

Really, what were the Pats (Brady especially) doing down the stretch? Why didn't they ask for a freaking measurement when it appeared they had a first down? At the worst it would have given the coaches a chance to think over a series play rather than rushing the call (which was a horrible one). That cost them the game more than anything.

17. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

18. John Thomas

What's the really funny/ironic thing is the preaching I hear from the Bostonians saying to "let it go" and all; weren't these the same fans that rode Bill Buckner into the ground and still go on and on about it? ..and the mentioning of the World Series that were won a century ago... [​IMG]
    Anyhow back to football, I've got to thank the Pats for actually making it a game at the end. You've got to wonder what happens in between weeks to affect the play/attitude/morale of the team. 4 wins in a row, 4 losses in a row - then the Raiders beat the Broncos and the Patriots. [​IMG]

19. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

20. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer