"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

He seemed very down to earth.

RIP

Dave Scarpa

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm seeing first Hand how Cancer can push the body to the limit as my wife battles the disease, Mr. Swayze was a brave man even not using painkillers during the Filming of his last series, so not to dull his performance. You battled hard Now Rest in Peace.

Greg_S_H

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I hate this so much. I hoped he would beat it. At least he's free from the pain and we're left with an entertaining body of work.

WOLVERINES!

Dave, sorry to hear what you're going through.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
My prayers to you and your wife.

Cancer sucks!

Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

I'm seeing first Hand how Cancer can push the body to the limit as my wife battles the disease, Mr. Swayze was a brave man even not using painkillers during the Filming of his last series, so not to dull his performance. You battled hard Now Rest in Peace.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Well said, everyone.

Mr. Swayze was always a class act and, by all accounts, one hell of a nice guy.

May he RIP. I will be watching Red Dawn this week in remembrance.

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
My prayers are with you and your wife, Dave.

Sadly I was expecting this news, he was a great leading man who left us too soon, he will be missed.

I'll be watching my BD's of Ghost and Point Break this weekend in remembrance.

Justin_S

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
A true shame. Even though it was seemingly inevitable, it's nice to see that he held out as long as he did, even filming that A&E show a while back.

R.I.P.

Joseph J.D

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
It was expected news, but it doesn't make it any less sadder to hear it......deep down, I was hoping that he could have defied the odds and beaten it.

Will pull my own copies of Ghost, Dirty Dancing, Point Break and Roadhouse to watch in tribute as well.

Rest in peace Mr. Swayze.....

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
So sad, and only 57 years old.

RIP Patrick.

Swayze's wife of 34 years, Lisa Niemi, was at his bedside when he died of pancreatic cancer yesterday aged 57 at their ranch in Los Angeles.
He will be remembered as dance instructor Johnny Castle who swept Grey's debutante off her feet. Swayze was warned not to accept the part amid fears that the low-budget movie would flop but it became a massive hit and was the first film to sell one million copies on video.

He said the film, famous for the line 'Nobody puts Baby in a corner,' became a 'phenomenon' that took his life 'into insanity'.
Many women joined the '100-plus' club marking the number of times they had seen the film. Swayze said: 'That is the movie that sent my world into hyperspace.' Today Grey said: 'He was fearless and insisted on always doing his own stunts, so it was not surprising to me that the war he waged on his cancer was so courageous and dignified.'
The 57-year-old announced he had the illness in March 2008 but continued to work throughout his treatment and even filmed US drama series, The Beast. Swayze had said that he opted not to use painkillers while making the programme because he was concerned it would have taken the edge off his performance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1213530/Patrick-Swayze-loses-cancer-battle-57.html#ixzz0RBqaJIN2

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I know I am late to this thread..... Very sad news none the less..

One of my favorite movies: Red Dawn....

RIP.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania.farrell