What's new

Paths of Glory 1957 - tanks in movie? (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I've seen this movie at least 3 times, and I certainly don't recall any tanks, but I couldn't say for sure.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
There has to be a Groucho/Chico type skit in here somewhere, or maybe Who's On First:

"Hey, in Paths of Glory, were there any tanks?"

"No tanks."

"I didn't offer you anything, I just asked if there were any tanks in the movie."

"Huh? No tanks!"

"Fine, I'll go ask someone else."

"Boy, people today, you give-a them an answer, they don't even-a wanna listen. Tanks a lot!"

"What? Didn't you just say there were no tanks?"

OK, that was pretty bad. :)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Well there definitely weren't any when Kubrick last had anything to do with it. Just don't let Spielberg loose on it, or we'll probably get digitalised tanks, planes and who knows what else.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Bruce,

Don't forget about the walkie-talkies. ;)

I can't say I remember any tanks in this movie, though it's been a couple years since I've watched it and, since I'm in the middle of a move, can't pull it out to look. Sorry!

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Haggai... like the little skit :)

OK.. can someone tell me of a WWI movie or WWI theme movie on DVD that does have vintage tanks?

Thanks! (OOOO)-- ***

Yikes...looks like a 1970s game !

Eric

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Wait a minute, I just saw A Very Long Engagement about a month ago...that might have had a shot or two of a tank. Not sure, though. And, uh, it's not on DVD yet, so I guess that's not entirely helpful.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Jack. :D I was in a Marx Brothers mood, as one can see from the films watched thread linked in my sig.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I believe some vintage tanks were used in "The Battle of the Bulge" and in a couple of shots of "Patton." It always cracks me up when you see a Korean war "Patton" tank or an M60 in WWII films.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
All Quiet on the Western Front is from WWI. Maybe there are tanks in that movie. This is just a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks