What's new

Pathfinder Chabrol box set - how is the quality (1 Viewer)

Andrew_K

Stunt Coordinator
The Chabrol 8 DVD box set has been finally released. Has anybody received it and can comment on the quality of the transfer.

Is this set worth to be purchased based on the quality?

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I received my set on Monday but have not had a chance to look at any of the DVDs. Hopefully I can watch a few of these over the weekend.

I can't comment if it is worth the purchase on quality but it was well worth the $10 price I paid for the set from FYE. Sounds like you missed out on this deal when it was at DVDTalk several months ago.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I found some reviews of two of the DVDs from the Claude Chabrol Collection, and it appears to be generally good so far. I also watched part of the Unfaithful Wife DVD and thought the video transfer was not bad (a little soft looking), and audio was good for mono sound. It does look to be about equal to the reviewed titles in appearance of the transfer quality. However, both of the reviewed DVDs were letterboxed with anamorphic transfers, while the Unfaithful Wife was full screen. I am not sure if that was the OAR of the film. Six of the DVDs in the set are listed as letterboxed, three with anamorphic transfers, and two are full screen.

http://207.136.67.23/film/DVDReview/leboucher.htm

http://207.136.67.23/film/DVDReview/lesbiches.htm

BrianP

Supporting Actor
From what it says on the DVD packaging, these appear to be the titles with anamorphic transfers.

Les Biches
Le Boucher
Nada

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks