Pathetic or Cool?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasenP, Jan 8, 2002.

1. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Mr. UPS driver has just delivered my 18' Army of Darkness - Ash figure from The McFarlane Movie Maniacs series.
    Seen here- http://www.mcfarlane.com/toyfair2001...nch.intro.html
    I am 27 and I got to thinking, is it cool or pathetic to enjoy this stuff at my age? I have other Mcfarlene figures and some Simpsons figures too. Is it OK to not want to grow up?
    I am not looking for acceptance or approval, just opinions. [​IMG]

2. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Dude, Ash rules

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Trust me that you should always do whatever you like. Just looking at the thread Matthew Chmiel started makes the point that you should never care what other people think. If you skip it because others may accuse you of never growing up, just tell them they're prematurely elderly!

4. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

I say do what you want, who cares what others think. Whose to say what is cool anyway? Of course this is coming from someone who would be considered pathetic by most of the world [​IMG]
    PS: I own that figure as well [​IMG]

5. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I have got a HUGE Star Wars, Transformers, and Jurassic Park toy collection. You need to do whatever you enjoy doing and never worry about what people may or may not think. Because in the end, you are the one that goes home and gets to enjoy your hobby.

6. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Enjoy your Ash figure and ignore what other people say. Get stuff you enjoy, not what others enjoy.

7. Rain

Rain Producer

I have tons of toys and figures around my place. You're never too old for toys. [​IMG]

8. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

I'm 20, and a couple of weeks ago I got a new computer, and so in the spirit of fun I purchased a brand spanking new copy of 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein'. My brother saw me playing it, and hasn't stopped bugging me since about how sad I am to be 20 and playing computer games? Is he right? [​IMG]

9. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'm sure Brian Kissinger would have an opinion on this... [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Paul, 26 and still playing my RtCW. [​IMG] My reflexes may be slightly dulled, but I'm way more experienced and crafty than most of the kids out there.

11. Kurt B

Kurt B Stunt Coordinator

Tis very cool indeed. [​IMG]
    I have a vast collection of 'toys' and 'collectables' that I so enjoy having. Some bring back great memories of who I was with when seeing a movie, or even memories of my youth.
    I am always on the lookout for something new to add to the collection.
    ~Kurt

12. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

First off, I envy you. I have seen the aforementioned Ash figure and want it desperately. I, alas, can't seem to talk my wife into letting me buy it. I was hoping to get it for Christmas, but I didn't. (I did, however, get the Jaws set and all but three of the Maniac figures) Don't cry for me though,I will wear her down eventually.

Secondly, you shouldn't care what other people think. Enjoy yourself while you can. I have several friends who collect toys. Our ages are 30, 27, and 24. So don't worry, you're not alone.

13. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

14. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

If you only did what other people liked you wouldn't be you. [​IMG]
    Jon

15. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I'll go you one better, i'm 29 and still love collecting this stuff! I have all four of the 18" Movie Maniacs figures Ash, Leatherface, Micheal Myers, and Freddy as well the entire first and second MM figures (hav'nt gotten around to the third and fourth yet).
    No to mention all my other figures of Robocop, Chucky, Woody and Buzz, Predator, and McFarlane's 'Sleepy Hollow' collection. This is not conting all the stuff I have in the basement that I just can't find room for.
    I've got my eyes on these two full size figures of Chucky and Tiffany from 'Bride of Chucky' that they have at Spencers Gifts. They cost 80$ a piece! But i'll bag em eventually.
    I am 29 years old, but inside i'm more like 12. It's cool to collect this stuff, it's something else if you actually play with it.[​IMG]

16. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Michael, it is 18 feet tall!! Not 18 inches!! Does that change anyone's opinion? [​IMG]
    ---Sarcasm Bomb...AWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

17. Rain

Rain Producer

As long as we are on the topic of McFarlane toys, does anyone know where I can get a George and a Ringo from the first Yellow Submarine set? I got the John and Paul, but couldn't find the others before they went out of print.

Please don't say eBay, because I'm not willing to spend a million bucks.

18. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    So long as you aren't "weird" about it. [​IMG]

19. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

20. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

Dear Rain:
    I'm not sure how to move the quotes around, so here's hoping you see this. If you're comfortable ordering online, you should check out TNC Universe. (http://www.ezcollect.com)
    I checked, and they have series 1 now in stock. Best of all they run from $9.99- $14.99. Or you can order the whole set at a discounted price.
    I have ordered from them before, and they come shipped beautifully. I've had no problems with them.
    You may also want to check out Galactic Highway. I'm not sure of the address. They don't have as much selection, though. But they're also very good, and reliable.
    Hope this helped. And if it did, you can order that Ash for me.[​IMG]