What's new

Pat Hitchcock has passed at 93 (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Alfred Hitchcock's only child Pat Hitchcock has passed at 93. She had parts in two of my favorites, Strangers on a Train and Psycho. R.I.P.
aaaa pat h.jpg

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
love spotting her in things.

maybe now that AF's only kid has died it will drum up interest in putting Alfred Hitchcock Presents on blu ray where it belongs just as TZ got on blu ray.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, it was fun to see her pop up in occasional films of her father's and on the television show, too. She made a few non-Hitchcock appearances in movies and TV as well. And I always looked forward to her comments on the making-of documentaries of her father's work. R.I.P.

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
love spotting her in things.

maybe now AHP will get a complete blu ray...?

I don't understand this comment? What does she have to do with the lack of AHP on BluRay? I've always imagined based on comments from Kino that its a cost issue with the restoration that is keeping it from being upgraded to Blu.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I don't understand this comment? What does she have to do with the lack of AHP on BluRay? I've always imagined based on comments from Kino that its a cost issue with the restoration that is keeping it from being upgraded to Blu.

(posting as I wish I had originally)
you've misunderstood. In the past death has reminded people about how much they loved what the person did and they want more of it. Blu ray is highly possible for shows you would never believe would get it. Monty Python, Fraggle Rock, Flintstones, Deep Space 9, etc etc. we can only hope that Mr. Hitchcock's entire family being dead will get noticed. And we fans should remain positive and keep asking for it.

Last edited:

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
It doesn't have to have anything directly to do with the show not on blu ray. she was in a bunch of episodes. people maybe want to see her and it again. People notice the show is not on HD even though TZ is. it's a take notice situation.

Kino is not the only company that can do this.

That was not what I said, I said they have passed because of the high costs. Seeing as how Universal has not even released the last season on DVD in the US, I can't imagine it's high on their list of priorities of upgrading to Blu either.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay, I think we can all agree that Pat didn't have anything to do with why "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" not being released on Blu-ray. Will her passing cause more interest in doing so? I doubt it, but you never know what can happen.

Again, may this fine person R.I.P. as she really carried the torch of enlightenment regarding her father's films and the valued contributions her mother made to those films. I suspect her daughter to do the same in the future.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
Loved Pat in Strangers on a Train, Psycho and Stage Fright. She also appeared in 10 episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. She once said that her favorite Hitchcock film was 1946's Notorious. She was especially impressed with the performances of Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman and Claude Rains. She claimed that her father's favorite was Shadow of a Doubt. He was tickled that the people in the small town of Santa Rose, CA would welcome a visitor with open arms, not realizing he was the Merry Widow murderer. Sadly, her house burned in southern California's Woolsey Fire in 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks