Pat Benatar DVD Collection

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chuck L, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Has anyone come across a track listing of the video's that are on the forthcoming DVD collection of video's to be released on 9-16?

2. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Holy crap! I didn't even know this was coming!
    [c][​IMG][/c]

I mean, it's been not quite a year (10/2/02) since "Pat Benatar: Best Shots" was cancelled at the last minute before street date to "do something else instead".

Obviously, THIS is the "something else"! [​IMG]

Let's see what we've got here:
    • [​IMG]

Region 1
      Keep Case
      Full Frame - 1.33
      Audio: Dolby Digital Stereo - English

Tracks:
      1. You Better Run
      2. I'm Gonna Follow You
      3. Fire And Ice
      4. Promises In The Dark (Live)
      5. Precious Time
      6. Shadows of the Night
      7. Anxiety (Get Nervous)
      8. Little Too Late
      9. Love Is A Battlefield
      10. Lipstick Lies
      11. We Belong
      12. Ooh Ooh song
      13. Painted Desert
      14. Invincible
      15. Sex As A Weapon
      16. Le Bel Age
      17. All Fired Up
      18. One Love
      19. Don't Walk Away
      20. Let's Stay Together
      21. True Love
      22. So Long
      23. Somebody's Baby
      24. Strawberry Wine
      25. Christmas In America
      26. Heartbreaker (Live)
      27. I Need A Lover (Live)
      28. Heartbreaker (Live)
      29. Hell Is For Children (Live)

Description: This collection gathers together all of Pat Benatar's hit videos for the first time on one DVD. After exploding onto the music scene in the 80's, thanks in part due to some heavy rotation on MTV, Pat Benatar's musical legacy still endures, thanks to her timeless melodies, and stunning vocal performances. This collection includes 29 tracks, including "Sex As A Weapon," "Shadows of the Night," "We Belong," "Love is a Battlefield," and many more.

Shoot, I'm all over this like Anna Nicole Smith on a honey bun dropped in the dust! It even includes "Invincible" from The Legend of Billie Jean? YES! [​IMG]

Friggin' A, bubba! Thanks for the heads-up! I'm there. MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!!!!!

4. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Just when i thought no dvds next week, Pat Benetar music videos , yayyyyyyyyyy![​IMG]

5. Xenia Stathakopoulou

I expect this to be 1 of those dvds, that will take a few weeks to find at stores.

6. David Lambert

Tony, I don't know about any other location, but my local Circuit City almost always has new music DVDs day-and-date. Seriously. And at very decent prices, too!

7. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Mine is pretty good too on music releases, but lets not forget this is an 80s style release . At my circuit city if its todays music artists dvds, they get it right away, but for 80s music dvds they take a couple weeks. Usually my local suncoast is pretty reliable on releases such as this, so hopefully i can get it there.

8. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

So that's why I've been seeing all those Pat Benatar: Best Shots lasers on Ebay! Wished I knew it in time so I could have been one of them, before they lost all value.

9. David Lambert

10. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

Just curious--did she not do a music video for "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"? I mean, it's IMHO the one song I associate her with...not that she hasn't sang other great titles, but "Hit Me..." is IMHO the most widely-known of all her songs...

11. DeanR

DeanR Second Unit

Dean
    Tony, I don't think so. If there is a video it probably was taken from one of her live performances. This collection is so mine.

12. Xenia Stathakopoulou

In fact,there was a music video for hit me with your best shot. I remember back in the early 80s, mtv played the video for it very often. I find it very odd for that video, too be missing from the dvd, its like duran duran releasing their greatest hits dvd without the reflex ! Maybe best shots will be an easter egg on the dvd.[​IMG]

13. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Anybody who already picked up the dvd, and had a chance to watch some or all of it, care to comment on it ? I cant wait till this afternoon to go store hunting for it.[​IMG]

14. David Lambert

Tony, I can't say that I recall ever seeing a video for Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I recorded a LOT of MTV videos to tape, and made a list of which videos were on what tape. I will try to locate that handwritten list, and see if I marked such a video down on it. I undoubtedly would have recorded ANY Pat video that I could!

The good news is that I saw Choice Cuts at both Suncoast and Borders. Each store sells it for $24.99; I had a Borders 20% off coupon with me from the Waldenbooks newsletter, so my final price was $19.99 on it.

I can tell you that neither Circuit City nor Best Buy will be carrying Pat Benatar in-stores, though, unfortunately for those who live closer to one of these.

Awesome disc! The 5.1 remix track is a bit forced, especially on the bonus live videos, so I dropped back to 2.0 and enjoyed the hell out of myself. The first music video, "You Better Run", is not in great shape. But don't let that turn you off from the rest...all the others were in terrific shape and held up well on my larger HDTV set!

"Shadows of the Night", "Invincible", "Promises in the Dark", "Sex as a Weapon", and "Little Too Late" are all especially enjoyable in my opinion. Those are my favorite Pat videos, and they are excellently represented here! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Xenia Stathakopoulou

AW, thanks David, you made my day ! Usually when 1 suncoast or borders carries it they all have it. Now im just hoping there not sold out, but i guess if they are, suncoast usually can do a special order for me. Ill also try borders, since i still have some coupons left.[​IMG]

16. Xenia Stathakopoulou

David, i remember the year that mtv played hit me with your best shot was either late 83, or early 84 if that helps. Now if i dont find that dvd today, pardon the pun but im going to be like FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE AND IIIIIIIIICCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE![​IMG]

17. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

That "Promises in the Dark" video (if it's the original one from MYV back in the day...) is not actually a live track. They are lip-synching to the album track. Watch when Neil Geraldo does the "1,2,3,4.." count at the end...

18. David Lambert

PitD is indeed the MTV-played "almost live" ( [​IMG] ) performance music video from long ago. I love that vidoe. Great song, and she still gets me with that skin-tight outfit! :b

19. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Neither BB nor CC is carrying this? WTF? [​IMG] Well, if they don't want my dollars I'm sure that some etailers will take them. Pat Benatar...yum.

20. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Kinda off topic, but has any one picked up her latest CD yet entitled "GO"...it is simply wonderful and brings Pat back in true form with up tempo rockers and wonderful ballads.

Pat is a truly underrated artist.

Have yet to find anyone around here yet selling the DVD...hopefully I will by this weekend...