1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Paste Music Magazine

Discussion in 'Music' started by Michael Martin, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Any other readers/subscribers of Paste music magazine? While I enjoy a wide range of music, I'm finding the magazine (and the included sampler CD) a great way to find out about unknown and up and coming artists, most or all MOR.

The articles are limited in usefulness - most seemed to thinly veiled press releases - but the tons of ads for albums and a large number of reviews (and they do give negative reviews) are great for when I'm in the mood for this kind of music.

2. Sean A

Sean A Stunt Coordinator

I just picked up my first issue because they had one of my favorite bands, los Lobos, on the cover . Another good magazine that I picked up for the first time recently was "Harp", which also focuses on, what for lack of a better description can be called "adult rock" (Wilco, REM, Lucinda Williams, U2, etc) .

Though I still think the best music mag is "Mojo" from the UK, followed by "Uncut", also from the UK