passport info-any possible way to get it in 24 hours?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Sam E. Torres, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

so my friend has planned this big romantic german escape with his girlfriend and she literally broke up with him days ago. he leaves wednesday and he asked me if i wanted to take her place(not like that...haha), so he wouldn't be entirely lonely and depressed. i don't have a passport, but i hear i can obtain one with an appointment from the miami airport(i live in orlando) and get it the same day. this sounds a bit fishy, especially seeing as the website says the fastest i could get it is 2 weeks. what do i believe and should i get my hopes up or is there no way in hell to get the passport in time?

2. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Read all about it here....

http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html

You are really cutting it close. Getting it in person at regional offices used to be possible but who knows nowadays. Do you have the proper photos? Run out tonight and get photos and print the .pdf applicaitions, and see if you can run into the local office tomorrow.

Do you have a certified copy of your birth certificate? If not then there's NO WAY you are getting your passport by Wednesday. (Unless you have naturalization papers.)

Everyone should go out and get a passport just to have it around. They last for 10 years now.

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

if you search online there are places that can do it in 24 hours, for a price. pump "24 hour passport" into google and pick one [​IMG]

If the tickets were purchased in her name I'm not sure he can change them over to you or not.

4. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

i also hear its possible to just use a birth certificate now...is this true? if so, would they let me use that to fly to germany?

5. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

A few countries, notably Canada and Mexico, and a few Caribbean islands and Bermuda do not require passports if you have some other valid form of ID. To get anywhere in Europe requires a passport.

6. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

And even if a country does let you in with a passport, gaining re-entry to the US can be a bit tricky with a mere birth certificate....

Passports can be done in less than 2 weeks. I just got my renewal in 1 (for an extra fee). Make sure your birth certificate has a raised seal, otherwise it's not "official". If you don't have one, contact the courthouse in the town where you were born to get a copy (FedEx'd at a nominal fee, I'm sure....)

Good Luck !

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

Sam, did it work out for you? any updates?

8. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

I got my passport done in 4 hours. I had the pic and papers ready but the price was definitely much higher. Company I worked for wanted me in Japan the next day so I flew out to Seattle to get the passport and then flew to Japan the next day from Sea/Tac. That was in 1999.