What's new

Passive Subwoofer help (1 Viewer)

zero1234567888

Auditioning
Real Name
sergio david
Hello!
I recently acquired a Harmon Kardon AVR325 receiver, and using some oldish speakers, I created a music 5.1 system. I have 2 JBLs as my main front and lefts, two Rock Solid Monitors and my left and rights, a bw vm6 as my center, and I am having trouble getting my Rock solid 100 watt passive sub woofer to turn on. I have ti wired through the jbls, but it doesn't seem to respond. Can anyone help, or recommend a good, cheap amp that I can connect from the sub to the rca port on the receiver? thanks

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
You definitely need to amplify the signal, the HK uses a line level sub out and the passive speaker needs an amplified signal. I'm not up on sub amps, so I can't help with specifics, but someone will come along soon.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I moved the thread...
Anyway, I would like to see how you've managed to run this off the JBL.
Series? Parallel?
But your best choice is to buy a mono amp.
If you can handle used, Sony TA N110 is a good choice. They show up on Fleabay every once in a while.
If you want new, here you go. There is also a similar amp sold by Dayton as well...
http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-MPA-101-2X50W-Amplifier-Black/dp/B001E76Z4I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347249629&sr=1-1&keywords=jamo+mpa-101

av-holic

Auditioning
Real Name
Roy Bocchieri
I have had good luck with the Crown product: Crown Commercial Audio Series, 180A It has 1 input and one 80W power amplifier for single-zone systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks