What's new

passive sub question (1 Viewer)

Austin Shoemake

Auditioning
I was wondering whether it is neccesary to build a crossover for my sub if it is run through an external amp? It will be routed through the LFE output of my reciever to an external amp and then to the sub. I am currently running the sub with a plate amp, but the amp is clipping at moderate levels and the power supply fuse has blown. I think I can get less distortion and better overall output with my external amp which is the diy Leach amp. The sub is a 142.5L ported cabinet tuned to 18.1Hz. This is the EBS alignment from adire audio with a shiva driver. Please let me know if you have suggestions for a crossover or whether you think a crossover is unneccesary. Thanks in advance,
Austin

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
just use the x-over in your reciver. i have 2 passive subs(a 12" and a 15") i run them from my recivers sub out (200hz) then into an EQ then to the amp and then the subs.

it works great but i need a much higher powered amp for them. i think this kind of set up is better because its eazier to up grade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks