What's new

passive radiating? (1 Viewer)

Mikey L

Agent
I just recently purchased a Boston Acoustics VR910 center channel and, upon close inspection, found that there was sound coming from the center and right side of the speaker, but little or none coming from the left....I questioned a salesman where I bought it and he said that was b/c it implemented a "passive radiating driver" and that the left hand driver was primarily used for pushing air and making the speaker more efficient...is he correct or do I have a defective speaker?

Keith Outhouse

Stunt Coordinator
Just looked it up on their web site. The 910 does have 1 passive radiator. The next model up uses 2 active units.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Sure.
A passive radiator is used in place of a port....
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
The passive radiator is a form of tuning for the low end response. It is basically a speaker without the motor structure on the back and uses weight to change the tuning. Simply, it is just like ports used on other speakers.
Your speakers are just fine. Enjoy!
------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70

Mikey L

Agent
thanks for the help! I'm going to get back to enjoying my system now, and start contemplating what my next upgrade will be..........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks