What's new

Passing the UK citizenship test (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
There have been numerous articles in the US press giving sample US citizenship tests. Often these articles decry the inability of Americans to pass such tests.

Now the Independent in the UK is positing a similar test (and laments) for UK citizenship.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/can-you-pass-a-uk-citizenship-test-most-young-people-cant--gJ0v-H6BQx

I took it during my first cup of coffee and got a passing score of 19/24, even though I bungled the one about parties: I answered for the 19th century, not the 18th century.

Any other Americans or Canadians want to try?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm not surprised...the Brits even brought in a protestant Dutchman as king back in 1688. They would rather have him than some Catholic Scot like James II. I'm just surprised so many Brits would flunk the test.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I got 22 out of the 24. Not bad for someone who hasn't lived there in almost 20 years!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I've taken a few recently, apparently very popular. Done very well on some, miserable on others. Seem to be very "history" based, not so much on current affairs, but they're fun.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
In fact I could easily have obtained 22 points, because in two cases I chose against my better judgement, thinking "oh, no that trivial answer can't be true then".

Never lived there. :) Visited often. Speak (flawed) English with British accent (will not go on youTube wielding knive).

Cees

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got 19/24, should have been 20 but i rushed one, it's probably just as well i'm voting for independence on September 18th. :D

I got questions 2, 5, 9, 13 and 17 wrong, but i rushed 13 and knew the answer, i should have known David was Welsh too.

Let's just call it 21/24.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Recalling Shakespeare's Henry V.....he's proud to wear the leek upon St. Davy's day.

Here's to Scotland entering the union as a sovereign state someday.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
I think that's the deal the Scots really want.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
22/24. Never set foot on actual British soil. Many former colonies, however.

And, I'm a very good guesser.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Well I passed with 21 out 24 questions. I didn't pay great deal of attention to history at school on some of the tricky questions. Henry viii. I thought he was into eating x4 large chickens and coke. Then I thought? Its all those woman he had the guy was a stud. :lol:

10628588_10152667310930149_2099389568810419841_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks