What's new

Pass the Ammo (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Okay, so this is not a well known film, since its timing - having wrapped just days before the Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker scandal - relegated it to direct to video.

Tim Curry stars as Reverend Ray Porter, a crooked televangelist happily fleecing the naive faithful, with his kooky wife, played to perfection by Annie Potts.

Enter Linda Kozlowski [sp?], whose aunt's will gave all her money, that Linda was to inherit, to Reverend Porter's ministry. Linda's boyfriend, played by Bill Paxton, and his two cousins, who have both recently been released from prison, plot to go to the TV station and steal Linda's $ 50,000.00 inheritance, with the help of an insider. However, one mishap leads to another, and they make a wrong turn, while fully armed, and burst into the studio during broadcast. Having no choice, they take everyone in the place hostage.

The locals, offended that their beloved Reverend Ray is in danger, arm themselves to the teeth to rescue him. The Sheriff, veteran of a tragic hostage crisis years ago, is trying to defuse the situation and prevent bloodshed.

The movie is a comedy, and not as grim as my summary would make it seem. I have only seen this movie twice, and I am mystified as to WHY it is not on DVD, since what I DO remember about it, is that my ribs were aching for hours afterward. Tim Curry is a treat as the crooked Reverend Ray.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I love this movie!

I actually reviewed it for the 80s Movies Rewind in 2002. The website address is http://www.fast-rewind.com/. Look in the index on the left and you'll find my review there. It was written in 2002 when I was 19 years old and it shows in the writing. Feel free to give it a go, though.

Enough self-promoting...

The movie itself is great fun. Tim Curry can do a great Southern accent and I really like Annie Potts' singing voice. The humor in this one is rather off-the-wall, but that's okay with me.

The title is unfortunately owned by Lions' Gate through their acquisition of the Artisan library. You know what that means if it's ever released.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

If they release the way I think they will, then I might as well stick with my VHS. Let's just see what happens, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks