What's new

Parts Express is a rip off! (1 Viewer)

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
I bought alot of stuff from partsexpress in the past month. The products were fine but if you ever want to return anything, they'll screw you over. I did not see any 25% restocking fee on they're website, but it was written on the back of my reciept when I got the package. They over charge on shipping products, I bought a IEC plug for $17 and the shipping was $10!!! You have to pay for shipping both ways and take the 25% restocking fee. What a freaking scam.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Bruce,

Did you buy the IEC plug by itself? The website states that there is a minimum order of $20 and any order less than this is charged an extra $3. While I couldn't find anything about the 25% restocking feel, what's so wrong about paying shipping both ways? You don't expect them to eat the shipping charges because you decide you don't want something do you?

BTW, I've ordered from Parts Express for two years now and never had a problem.

Brian

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had the same experieces as you Bruce but perhaps the 25% restocking fee had something to do with not returning the product in a saleable condition?
I arbitrarily selected the Marinco connector (17.50) and proceed through a pseudo check-out (I'm on the other side of the country from you) getting an estimated UPS Ground shipping charge of 9.29. Checking UPS's site i did a pseudo s/h for a 1 pound box, 6x6x6, ups ground, insured and came up with 6.23 add the $3 because you're under 20 and we're pretty close to what partsexpress charged. So yeah, I think its high but it doesn't appear to be a result of gouging by partsexpress. take it up with ups. i usually make an effort to pick up what i need locally and resort to internet when its either cost or time effective.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
If you look at the shipping cost estimates at the bottom, CA and WA pay the highest in shipping charges. I don't agree that a 1 lb package should cost more than $10 to ship cross country. Although if I returned an item, I do expect to pay for the shipping back. The 25% restocking fee is not unheard of. The only thing I've ordered from PE was a Dayton DVC 15 and it was a good expereience.

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
I expect to get all my money back except for me paying for the shipping to send it back. I've done this with many Jeep parts and never had a problem. Car parts I order like alternators, bumpers, suspension parts, etc are all heavy items, but fair prices. 25% is pretty absurd.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well then take it up with customer service and if you get no satisfaction from the person you're dealing with ask for their supervisor and see what happens. btw, what was wrong with the plug?

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
Chu,
there was nothing wrong with the plug, I got it just in case I need the IEC for the cd player I had.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
So if I understand correctly, you're keeping everything but you're pissed off about the s/h and a 25% restocking fee that you don't have to deal with because you're not sending anything back?
All I can say, at least for myself, is that I make efforts to consolidate my purchases so as to not incur a s/h charge that's diproportionate to my purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks