What's new

Parts Express Bass Amp (1 Viewer)

Michael Gdwn

Agent
Parts Express says

"A built-in rumble filter reduces power robbing subsonic frequencies to protect the woofer and increase amplifier headroom. "

Does that mean that it will reduce the quality of low bass? And if it doesn't, what does it mean?

Michael

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Michael---The filter may, in some cases, increase the quality of the low bass. Bass reflex cabinets can suffer from runaway cone excursion if pushed hard below the frequency at which the enclosure no longer loads the cone, this can cause very audible distortion. A filter will gaurd against this. The filter will be of little or no benefit to sealed enclosures or reflex enclosures tuned very low. So it depends. I'd venture to say that for the average subwoofer using a 10-12" cone and reflex tuned to the high 20s-low 30s range it would help. I use this amp (I presume you mean the 300-794)driving four 15" JBLs and several friends use it too and all are very pleased with it.
www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
That rumble filter is easily modified as well. All you have to do is swap out two resistors. I've got a bunch of pics up on my website doing this to the 300-792. You would do the same thing to the 300-794. Even tuned to 20hz or lower that rumble filter won't hurt anything and can be of benefit (on a select few DVDs anyway).
The second page of this PDF file explains what to do and what all the options are:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/300-794.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks