Partridge Family - Last 2 Seasons?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Michael Alden, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

Should we start hearing about season 3 soon or is it time to start worrying that Sony is going to pull a "Mad About You" with this series. They got the first 2 seasons out within 6 months of each other so on that pace the next one should be in May.

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I hope news is forthcoming soon, but hopefully it includes some input from the cast this time.

3. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

i hope these make it out soon too. Sony, not my favorite company, has a done a fine job with these so far. i haven't even cracked the shrinkwrap on the second season yet, but i'll snatch up the rest as soon as they come out.

4. Brett*H

Brett*H Stunt Coordinator

I'm waiting for the rest of the seasons myself. [​IMG]

I didn't think this series would stand the test of time but it does. The episodes are just as fun to watch today as they were 36 years ago!

5. Lenny Rakes

Lenny Rakes Stunt Coordinator

I would be happy, if the major retailers would re-stock season two.

6. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Actor

Mark

They really are, and the scripts are not the typical sit-com fluff. There's a lot of truly clever writing and adult humor in them.

7. PiperLooWyatt

PiperLooWyatt Auditioning

It was a good show all the time that it lasted

8. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

It frequently gets compared with the Brady Bunch as they were on roughly the same time span, on the same network, both recorded albums, etc. But while the Partridge Family wasn't a classic sitcom, ala Odd Couple or Get Smart, compared to the Brady Bunch it was Citizen Kane.

9. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

i was intending to collect Brady Buch but midway thru the first set my enthusiasm flagged and i haven't felt much pull to pick up any of the others- tho i still may if they get a price drop in the future.
    Partridge Family was a show that was very spotty in syndication for me. i always enjoyed it, but thru the years rarely had a chance to watch it. The sets so far are enormously entertaining and i agree with the Citizen Kane comment. The show has more appeal than just the camp aspects of dated clothes and lingo and what not. BB is so simple minded most of the time, and pretty much just the opposite.

10. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

I've been getting concerned about future releases of PF myself and my 5 year old repeatedly asks when Season 3 is coming out. He'll watch "Old Scrapmouth" (Laurie getting braces) over and over so that when we catch Mark Hamill in the Star Wars movies I always spurt out "Hi! Just happen to be passing by...".

Last night we watched the episodes where Laurie was trying to retrieve her diary and the one where she and Shirley go camping. I can still laugh at these after all these years. ("If nature is so perfect why doesn't it invent a can opener?")

11. Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore Second Unit

Can't wait for season three to come out. I'm a big fan of it and the Bradys. Still have all my original Partridge vinyl, too. I've been able to get my daughter hooked on the Bradys, but she hasn't seen the Partridges yet. I'm confident she'll be into it when the time comes.

12. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I want more too, and don't forget to include more episodes of the animated series, or a complete boxset of it as well.

13. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Here's hoping...