What's new

Participate in a Google+ Conversation About Combating the Climate Crisis with Al Gore (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Former Vice President Al Gore Invites Citizens Everywhere to Participate in a Google+ Conversation About Combating the Climate Crisis

Celebrating the Seventh Anniversary of Participant Media’s Academy Award®-Winning Documentary An Inconvenient Truth, Vice President Gore Will Join the Film’s Executive Producer Jeff Skoll and the Science on G+ Community for an Illuminating Conversation on Where We Stand Today

Participant Media, Paramount Home Media Distribution and Google announced today that former Vice President Al Gore, chairman of The Climate Reality Project, and Participant Media Chairman and Founder Jeff Skoll will host a Google+ Conversation on the climate crisis to celebrate the seventh anniversary of the Academy Award®-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth.

In a brief YouTube video released today, Vice President Gore invited people to join the Science on G+ Community and share ideas to mitigate climate change. Over the next week Gore and Skoll will engage with Google+ users on the topic and ultimately will select the five most insightful Community members to join them in a live Google+ Hangout on Air on June 11th at 2PM EST / 11AM PST.

To celebrate the film’s seventh anniversary, An Inconvenient Truth is also now available for 99 cents on Google Play, allowing a new generation of digital viewers to join the global dialogue. Participant’s digital network, TakePart.com, will also run a special five-part editorial series on climate change that will dive deeper into the issue and its evolution beginning June 10 at takepart.com/an-inconvenient-truth. As part of the series, TakePart has also teamed with The Climate Reality Project to recommend ten climate crisis actions people can take.

This Google+ Hangout on Air is the former Vice President’s first and kicks off Google+ Conversations, a new series on Google+ where everyday users have the opportunity to engage global experts in discussions on the issues that matter to them.

To participate in the Google+ Conversation, join the Science on G+ Community and then tune-in to the final Hangout on Air (RSVP).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let me quickly set the ground rules...

HTF is posting this as a courtesy to Paramount Home Entertainment.

We don't care to know your personal political views about the former Vice President or Global Warming.

This is an opportunity for those interested to participate. You may comment in this thread, but nobody is interested in your political views and expressing them on this forum will only get you in trouble.

Thanks for understanding.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
First world countries need to do more to stop rainforests being destroyed, why do rainforests matter, because rainforests absorb and store vast quantities of carbon, destroy the rainforests and this is released into the atmosphere, from what i have read the destruction of rainforests each year contributes more carbon emissions into the atmosphere than all the planes, trains and cars on the planet put together, so it's simple, save the rainforests and save the planet, we'll also save countless endangered plant and animal species as well.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
When I was at school in the 1970's all the talk about climate change was about the next 'ice age' rather than global warming. It is accepted that the level of carbon dioxide has increased above pre-industrialisation levels, but it is not clear what is the contribution of human activity versus solar activity (which is cyclical). If there is a possibility of a new ice age it may be that a little global warming is what we need. Hopefully our descendants will be able to refer to the 'fossil fuel' era as they enjoy power from nuclear fusion, solar and tidal energy.

Difficult to avoid politics - hope I have done so!

Mark VH

Second Unit
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but many would argue the subject of global warming is inherently political. Plus Gore is/was, y'know, a political figure. Kind of feels like asking people to avoid politics in a post like this is like posting about baseball and asking people not to talk about throwing and hitting. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mark VH said:
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but many would argue the subject of global warming is inherently political. Plus Gore is/was, y'know, a political figure. Kind of feels like asking people to avoid politics in a post like this is like posting about baseball and asking people not to talk about throwing and hitting. Doesn't make much sense to me.
I concur.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
TravisR said:
The issue has become politicized but it shouldn't be. The tragedy of its politicization is that- like most 'political' issues- people will dig in and refuse to consider any new information that might challenge their deeply held opinion.
Just like thoughts on Piracy.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Instead of participating in the google + discussion (who uses google +?!) I plan to watch "Stormy Weather" and "Singing in the Rain" in honor of climate change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks