What's new

Partial 4805 website now up. (1 Viewer)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Dambit!! doesn't seem to work. At any rate it is somewhere on the Infocus site. I found it by searching around the site and typing in 4805. Sorry bout' dat' :).

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
LOL looks like Jack beat me to the punch below.....should have paid more attention to that high school typing class!!

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
So this is an ED projector? For $1700 you can get a LCD HD projector. How many of you feel that DLP's pluses (ie black level) will outweigh the higher resolution of an LCD projector for nearly the same price. Also, since this DLP has a 6 segment color wheel, will the rainbow effect be reduced? Any guesses on how much the street price will be?

I'm looking at the Panny 500 and the Sanyo Z2 but now this is coming and I'm interested in DLP but really wanted HD.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
infocusHOME.....I left out the home on my link...thanks Jack I was wondering why it wouldn't work :)!!

I think that the 4x color wheel along with its' 6 segments will eliminate the rainbows quite a bit. I see rainbows VERY easily however I think if people pay less attention to TRYING to see the rainbows and more time enjoying the movie that it will become a non-issue for many. There is of course those who are very sensitive to them and may not see them but they will get bad headaches....these people of course should stick with LCD.
As for the LCD resolution thing compared to the DLP black level and reduction of SDE your eayes need to be the judge to that. My opinion always has been that if you watch A LOT of HD than get the resolution. If you watch mainly movies than go for the better contrast. This is to not say that either LCD or DLP will not do either well though.
Personaly I think HD is very cool but it is not the be all end all. I do not watch a lot of T.V. and HD is not big up here in Maine yet and probably won't be for another year or two. We have a lot of HD stations but none really appeal to me at all. HD on a lower resolution FP still looks quite impressive to me though. I watch a lot of DVD's and see rainbows but they do not cause me headaches so I will opt for DLP.
Like Jack said though, check out his link as there is a TON of excellent and technical advice over there. Good luck.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
LCD HD or DLP ED...? Hmm...

Well the Z2 and Panny 500 each have a 1300:1 but the 4805 looks to have a 2200:1 ratio. I'm new to projectors so how noticable is a 900 degree difference at a lower resolution? From just a numbers standpoint that seems like a pretty noticable difference.

Chris S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks