What's new

Parks and Recreation - Season 6 (NBC) (1 Viewer)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
It really shows how you have to give a show time. The first season of this show was pretty awful, and this finale was one of the best ever. I'm more excited to see the next season than I have been for this show ever.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
It really shows how you have to give a show time. The first season of this show was pretty awful, and this finale was one of the best ever.
Yeah, a few tweaks between the first and second seasons and the show went from mediocre to great. I probably only bothered to watch the S2 premiere because it was on between Community & The Office and I was surprised by how funny the episode ('Pawnee Zoo' with the penguin gay wedding) was and it's only been great since then.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This show's evolution is a brilliant example of smart producers who jettison what doesn't work, while quickly capitalizing on what does:1. Mark Brendanawicz, the uncompelling, dull, forgettable love interest for Leslie --> gone in the 2nd season --> enter side-character Ben Wyatt.2. Andy, the annoying douchebag boyfriend --> sweet, loveable husband of April.3. Jerry --> Larry

Parks is literally a different show in Season 2; those first few episodes are like an alternate universe. When I suggest the show to people, I say to just start with Season 2. It was a defective concept that rebounded magnificently. I could've easily seen it petering out and being quickly forgotten.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
They did a good job of tweaking on the fly with Brooklyn 99 as well. I wonder if they'd have managed a better first season if they had more than 6 episodes, or if they really needed the break to fix things. Either way, it really is drastically better now.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I think the break was a saving grace.Brooklyn 99 worked for me from show one, and just got better.I do hope they bring back Brandanowicz for some sort of farewell in the final season though. I like long term callbacks like that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sounds very promising. The third season was my favorite so far, so I'm glad they're adopting a similar model for the final run, and taking advantage of the extra time that comes with being a midseason debut.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Kinda bummed that it won't be back til midseason and will only be 13 episodes, but it sounds like it will be great. And let's face it, this cast is in demand, so their time is going to be squeezed going forward.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
Kinda bummed that it won't be back til midseason and will only be 13 episodes, but it sounds like it will be great.
Yeah, I was keeping my fingers crossed that they'd still do 22 even though it'll be coming back in the mid-season but I'm sure they'll nail these last episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks