What's new

Parks and Recreation - Season 6 (NBC) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Everything with Ron and Andy was gold but that might have been the best joke.

April's bear recording about not liking Ann and being the Zodiac were pretty funny.

Shauna Malwae-Tweep is much sadder than I had thought.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
andy-ron-galentines-day-650x364.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The concert was so big that it was like something out of another show- in a good way. Great cameos and great appearances from the usual guest stars. Very smart move with the time jump and the fairly reasonable explanation to keep the show in Pawnee (and nice move laying Ron's 3rd floor refurbishment in a few episodes ago).

The only thing that would have made the episode better was if
Jon Hamm had say "BANJO!"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Immensely satisfying season finale. I half wonder if the show was up in the air for renewal at the time it was written, because it could have easily served as a series finale.There were a lot of nice easter eggs in the flash forward scene. It'll be interesting to see if we get explanations for all of them.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Thanks for the link, that was a real good and in-depth interview. Since Michael Schur said that Ron, Tom and Donna were deliberately not seen the future office, I'm guessing that Tom is fairly rich and successful in the future and Donna works for him now. I won't even venture a guess as to what Ron's up to. Glad to see that they want crazy Craig around more too.

After that episode, I'm left wondering yet again how so many comedies that are garbage manage to double or triple Parks And Recreation's audience.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Sam Favate said:
Here's an interview today in EW with Exec Producer Michael Schur on the finale and the future of the show:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/25/parks-and-recreation-michael-schur-finale-season-6/

Next season (which will likely be the last) sounds very promising.
Schur also recently stated that there are talks of releasing Cones of Dunshire as a real product.

Menu-gag was great, as was finally paying off Ginuwine as Donna's cousin. Joan Callamezzo's and Perd's respective drink-orders caught me right when I was swallowing mine, and nearly caused an awful mess. Honestly, hologram-Lil' Sebastian nearly killed me. Such a stupid and hilarious joke.

I'm not sure why it wasn't brutally obvious that the floor Ron was renovating would be the answer Leslie was needing.

"Ja boy's a question on the Baaaa-aaar Ex-aaaam!!!"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hitfix has a nice, fairly in-depth interview with Mike Schur about the finale and where the show's headed in season 7.In particular that the show operates in a specific time and place rather than a generic "present day", so that the finale took place in 2014 and the vast majority at least of the next season will take place in 2017. This will lead to some " very very gently sci-fi" elements as they have fun anticipating what the direction of our country will be like three years from now.I'm happy about the time jump mainly because it skips over Leslie's pregnancy and birth, keeping the focus on their professional lives.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
...as was finally paying off Ginuwine as Donna's cousin.
I'm the right age to sorta remember that song but I didn't remember it was called Pony so that cracked me up. And dedicating it to Lil Sebastian was a stroke of genius.

Adam Lenhardt said:
I'm happy about the time jump mainly because it skips over Leslie's pregnancy and birth, keeping the focus on their professional lives.
Yeah, I'm sure they could have told some good stories with that plot (it seems very rich territory for Ben to have had some freak outs) but it was definitely good to move to a time when they'd be more focused on work. Also, good is that they don't have to be at the beginning of the Pawnee/Eagleton merger, Ben could be making money off the Cones game so they don't have to cover their potential money issues with having triplets, we can see the new department in full swing rather than starting out and they can put all the characters in fairly new situations.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
That Cones game was genius. Plus, I loved them filming in San Francisco. Great finale.

I have to re-watch to get all the great lines.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Adam Lenhardt said:
Hitfix has a nice, fairly in-depth interview with Mike Schur about the finale and where the show's headed in season 7.In particular that the show operates in a specific time and place rather than a generic "present day", so that the finale took place in 2014 and the vast majority at least of the next season will take place in 2017. This will lead to some " very very gently sci-fi" elements as they have fun anticipating what the direction of our country will be like three years from now.I'm happy about the time jump mainly because it skips over Leslie's pregnancy and birth, keeping the focus on their professional lives.
As mentioned in that interview, basically, they BSG'd it...and it's exactly what this show needed.

The three-year jump opens a mountain of possibilities for "Ben-is-a-huge-nerd" jokes. If it's 2017 in the show, Game of Thrones is on Season 7, Star Wars: Episode VII is on home video...

...and Hollywood wants to make a "Cones of Dunshire" movie.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
A large part of me feels this would have been the perfect series finale, not season finale. It does open a lot possibilities for next season, but there was an unmistakeable "final" feeling to the entire episode. Everyone is getting their stuff together (Tom's Bistro, Ron unveiling Duke Silver, Leslie getting job she is seemingly destined for, Ben making it big with Cones of Dunshire). I'm a little nervous for next season only because I ask myself this question: how do they top this episode and sustain it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks