What's new

Parks and Recreation - Season 6 (NBC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"...The man who kills me will know."

"The Law Offices of Babip, Pecota, Vorp & Eckstein" is probably my new all-time-favorite Mike Schur sight-gag. Even if most of the people who would even get it were probably watching the baseball game.

(The scariest thing about this episode? If you've turned on C-SPAN at any point in the past three weeks, Councilman Jamm's behavior was still way more toned-down and rational than anything seen in the real-life House of Representatives recently. And this episode was shot months ago.)

Little thing that made me laugh my ass off: Adam Scott's very subtle double-take to the camera when Ron was talking about how he didn't want his children to buy their wooden furniture (it's also a rare callback to the original "Office"-clone setup of the show).

Also:

Is there such a thing as too much Maslany? I'd like to live in a world where she played every character on every show on every channel.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think Parks And Recreation has the most accurate view of the political system since The Wire. The sad thing is that they don't really need to 'rip things from the headlines' like South Park does because they can dream up any stupid and silly thing and it's still doesn't top how some people (the government or the public) act today.

The symbols on Ron's will were hilarious.

And I'm hoping that the '?' stickers remain stuck on everything in upcoming episodes.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another great episode. The show's extended supporting cast is every bit as good as its main players. Loved the Ron segment and the stuff with the council; the Tom and April stuff was great too. Another week for the best comedy on TV.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"I was right not to be threatened by you." I liked 99.9% of this episode, but I think I'm starting to hate the town of Pawnee more than Leslie loves it. A teeny, tiny irrational part of me feels like I'm almost hoping that this is the last season, and it ends with everyone in the main cast leaving this horrible town. Seriously. Pawnee doesn't deserve someone like Knope. Don't get me wrong -- I absolutely loved the episode, but after the recent real-life clusterfuck, I had little patience for Jamm's antics, even as totally-right-on-the-nose as they were.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"DAMMIT, TYPHOON!! Why'd you do this??"

Rewatched this one again earlier today. This episode worked so well, and the "A-", "B-", and "C"-plots were all so strong, I barely noticed the absence of Rashida Jones. This bodes well for the future of Parks and Rec. It made Benghazi look like Watergate.

(Is it wrong that I think maybe Andy would understand the symbols?)

Tom's fake accent comes across as a great meta-joke about Orphan Black, not to mention the outfit-change gag. Methinks the writers are fans. I'm just going to pretend it's a shared universe, and Nadia is one of the "c-words." (I'll just go and imagine that Nadia said that she'll go out with Tom because she's actually crushing on April. As she should be.)

Also, I could do with a little more Dexhart, too. Jamm works well with a sidekick. The judge in his first sexual harassment suit being the plaintiff in the second was a great gag.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm all but convinced this is the last season for Parks and Rec now. I wish it wasn't, but the ratings just aren't there for the show. They never really have been. What I'd like to see at this point is NBC to start telling people this is it, like they did with 30 Rock.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
TravisR said:
I've lit-rally been thinking that every year since the show started. :)
Haha! I guess I'm lucky I came into the show mid run when Rob Lowe joined the cast. I never worried about it previously.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Guys...we just got Jammed.

Like Travis, I'm also thinking this is either the last season, or it will be like 30 Rock (which incidentally had seven seasons) and get a truncated seventh year.

Mike Schur has been very candid about how much they've sweated making every season finale be one that could also function as a series finale, as they've never had a guaranteed pickup early enough in production to know for sure. They're used to navigating these waters.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wow, this sucks. The first several weeks of this season have been as good as the show has ever been. I also am afraid that this is the last season, but I sure hope not.

BTW, that Vulture article does mention the four episodes airing in November on two Thursdays.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I want to see NBC's 2014 lineup. What gems will they have then?8:00 - Sean Saves The World8:30 - Morris, an ER-spinoff sitcom musical9:00 - Campus PD9:30 - Campus PD10:00 - Airwolf rerunsShit is amusing. Depressing, but still amusing. NBC kills off the only good show they have to push crap I never cared about in the first place? Quick, recommend me some good alternative Thursday-night programming to DVR so I don't accidentally leave my TV tuned into NBC on those nights.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's not as dark of a time as it was during the shortened third season when the show didn't start airing until January but I can't say I'm optimistic. Especially since the show will be hitting the 100 episode mark this season (though 100 episodes is much less important than it used to be). Then I look at NBC's trash can of a schedule and I think that they have to renew Parks And Rec simply due to a lack of options.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Some tweets by Adam Scott say there is nothing to worry about; that the show was never going to air any episodes in December anyway, and all the ones planned for November will air in November (just on 2 nights instead of 4). Of course, actors aren't the greatest source (they'd be the last to know if cancellation was in the air), but he certainly knows more than we do.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
Some tweets by Adam Scott say there is nothing to worry about; that the show was never going to air any episodes in December anyway, and all the ones planned for November will air in November (just on 2 nights instead of 4). Of course, actors aren't the greatest source (they'd be the last to know if cancellation was in the air), but he certainly knows more than we do.
One thing that must be a good sign is that NBC is choosing to play back to back episodes twice during November sweeps. It would be a lot worse if they had moved all those episodes to December and were essentially burning them off after the sweeps period.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks