What's new

"Parker Lewis Can't Lose" - Where is it? (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I was thinking about some of the old TV shows that I used to watch and for some reason "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" popped into my head. I think it ran for 3 seasons. I checked some online stores to see if it's available on DVD but it appears that it isn't. Are there any news of it possibly coming out in 2007?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I'd be interested in seeing this as well. I liked it when it aired, but I have an unfortunate feeling that it hasn't aged very well. Perhaps that's a reason why there seems to be no rush to release it even though it was semi-popular at the time. And, not to threadcrap, but I do seem to remember the show being pretty awful by the end of it's run. I think the girlfriend that Parker got was a, for lack of a better term, a "jump the shark" moment. And I seem to remember some "mystical" diner owner which was pretty weird. But again, maybe this is part of the reason why this show does not seem to be "High Priority"

BrandonJF

Second Unit
Sony had it listed in one of their "what tv shows would you like to see on dvd?" surveys a long, long time ago. Guess it didn't get too many votes... This is one of the few remaining shows I'm waiting for.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
This was a semi-early Fox show so lots of people will never have even heard of it.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Three seasons - really??! Wow, I had no idea...

I have a friend who swore by this show - so add me to the list of the curious...

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Though, as I recall, a bunch of changes occurred in that final year, after the FOX network "revamped" it to a huge degree -- they got rid of Lemmer, Gerrit Graham's character, too (from what I remember), and lost the "Can't Lose" from the title.

(Plus a whole bunch of other stuff, the most offensive of which was -- of course -- the whole teddy-bearing-up of Abraham Benrubi's Kubiac...I mean, for fuck's sake...)

But the early episodes were indeed the shit.

Venice-H

Agent
PLCL is on my short list of shows that I'm interested in. I'd even buy the third season - which I wouldn't ordinarly bother with - if I could get the first two.

The show may not have aged well, but I'll take that risk.

Brian D H

Second Unit
Hmmm, Glad I have 10 or 20 episodes still on video tape. I haven't even looked at the tapes in over a decade.

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Will F
I am really glad that "Parker Lewis" is coming out on DVD, and especially that the folks at Shout are the one's doing it. Unlike the big studios where releases are decided by and produced by people who are basically beancounters, Shout are actually fans of the shows they release. Makes a huge difference in the quality of sets they produce.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Oh man, this is great news. Synchronize Swatches! *

* Holy shit, I posted the same quote earlier in this thread, way back on Christmas Eve, 2006.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks