What's new

Paris Hilton - It Just Keeps Getting Better (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Horny 30 something guys who happen to catch her dvd live show every time they walk into a Good Guys and finally break down and buy it? :crazy:

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
"Paris Hilton became famous overnight because of a sex tape. Nohing else."

well look at her last name. the sex tape [first one] [cant wait to see her smoking a 'j' naked :)] definately got her name out fast but it wouldnt have been news unless grandpa was filthy frikin rich.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Most of these "stars" became famous based solely on their looks.

I can assure you if they had the same level of vocal/acting talents, but looked more like Olive Oyl than Betty Boop, the world would never have heard their names.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
what i can't get over is how the hilton family let's her run around like an idiot. i mean, i get that she's an adult or whatever, but good grief.

if i was the patriarch of the hilton family name and fortune, i'd put a pretty big leash on her. it's just stupid the way she presents the hilton name.

what's even stupider is that i'm posting in this thread. tbh, i could give a hoot. :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Tony's on to something. Paris is just so thin that I figure its silica absorbing all the water weight.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't care much for Paris, but I do admit that I'm fascinated by her celebrity. A girl who made a name for being rich and being on the party circuit. There are plenty of rich girls out there, but why her? Then the sex tape which launches her into bona fide superstardom. I am not covinced that she didn't have anything to do with its release. The timing was perfect and all the lawsuits that were threatened seemed to have disappeared now that it has blown over. Now she's everywhere, TV, Books, Music and Movies.

I think the most egretious thing is that her and Nicole were picked to host some Teen Choice Awards. Doesn't she embody pretty much everything teens should avoid. We know she was partying at a young age, she seems fairly promiscuous and videotaped her exploits, she smokes, now there is alledgedy a tape of her smoking pot and I would imagine it is likely she does coke and/or ectascy (something has to be keeping her thin and she doesn't appear to be a dieter) I think it has gone too far. We should be rewarding actual talent and not sensationalism.

From some of the stuff that appears in the media about the parents, they seem pretty aloof as well.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
More than that, at the risk of repeating myself ( ;) ), she hasn't done/accomplished a freaking thing of note compared to other celebreties of her status. It isn't even her looks, as she is extremely average. She isn't royalty, she is heiress of a financial empire. I am sure there are many others out there. I am not one to hate on celebrities, I just don't get it when it comes to this one.

Again, why the hell is this woman famous?! I must really be missing something.

--
H

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Gotcha, so long as a person does something that others will buy she's acceptable. Check. I'm sorry, but Paris Hilton being in a TV show and it being successful enough to have a sequel makes her just as worthwhile as Britney and Pam Anderson. They're all a bunch of talentless hacks anyway.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well, in Britney's defense (I can't believe that I just spoke that sentence) She was out there from the time she was a young girl, doing Star Search and the Mickey Mouse club and things like that. Of course, the big fame did not come until she did a video in a Catholic School uniform singing "Baby, hit me one more time" But at least she has an established background. I'm not sure about Pam, I would imagine Playboy got her out there so she may not apply.

All Paris ever did was party and have money. I do wonder how that got her into a league that was high enough to get her superstardom from a sex tape.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Yes, she made it big by dialing up the sex but still pretending to be a role model for young girls. Let's not pretend; they all made it big on sex in one way or another. I hope no one wants to tell me that Pamela Anderson made it big on her acting ability or Britney on her singing.
And as for Paris not being good looking, she's much better looking than Britney, at least to me. Not that that's here or there;)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Rumor has it now that on the tape there's footage of her using some racial slurs after hanging up the phone with a designer.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I hope no one wants to tell me that Pamela Anderson made it big on her acting ability

Didn't she study directly under David Hasselhoff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks