What's new

Parenthood Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I actually haven't watched the finale yet.

So, I have just had the big "reveal" spoiled for myself. But, at this point, who cares?
confused-smiley-013.gif

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:

So, I have just had the big "reveal" spoiled for myself. But, at this point, who cares?
confused-smiley-013.gif
Actually, the promos from the prior week spoiled the reveal. The only thing they didn't do was confirm it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Parenthood, I still love you! Don't listen to these negative nellies! :DThat ending was the season finale of a show that thinks it has another season to go. So much left unresolved. Is Amber pregnant? Is Haddie gay, or just experimenting? Drew...can he live the dream and not kill himself in the GTO? Autism school? Julia and Teacher guy? Sarah back with Hank? Will Camille paint flowers from her new downsized home? Will Crosby overcome the unbearable pain of the stolen birdhouse?Despite the ups and downs, I really enjoy Parenthood. I like spending time with the Bravermans. Their problems are relatable, and of normal size. It balances for me superhuman problems raced in The Americans and The Good Wife. And it's more human than Revolution and Revenge and Helix. Not perfect. But I still really like Parenthood.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave:

It's not Seth with the GTO. It's Drew. Seth is Drew's dad.

==================

I just figured out why I wasn't aware of Haddie's plot twist from the prior week's promo. I hadn't watched that episode yet!

So, I just watched the last two shows back-to-back.

I'll admit it. I really liked the season finale (except for Kristina who has become quite self-centered of late). I have always liked the big Braverman meal get-togethers. And I really liked Zeek handing off the keys of the GTO to Drew with the message that he had started the whole project with him in mind. He's a good grandpa...especially figuring how he helped out Victor by getting him involved in the project.

Do I want another season? Probably not--unless the writers figure out how to better use that tremendous cast.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
(Fixed it. I really shouldn't post while falling asleep ;)Was it two weeks ago, when Kristina's friend died of cancer? That was a strong episode, and the emotions earned.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Mike Frezon said:

confused-smiley-013.gif
I apologize for that. It's so seldom that I have anything to spoil that I just spaced out about it. i promise to do better.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No, no, no, Steve.

My comments were in no way directed towards you.

I was completely aware when I checked into the thread that I was fully at risk of learning what happened in the last episode (and it turned out I was two eps behind!).

So, my point was that I didn't really mind if I learned something unique to the finale because the writing and plotting has been so poor of late (IMO).

Do we think there'll be another season???

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I hope it gets renewed. Despite some of the wacky plotting, I really like those characters. Of course, I'd pretty much tune in to watch Jason Katims read the phone book. I even watch "About a Boy" and I usually hate sitcoms.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
I will most probably bail if season 6 shows up in the fall. But might still read the season 6 thread for laughs.
Maybe in season 6 they'll have Haddie run for mayor of Berkeley.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Steve Armbrust said:
I hope it gets renewed. Despite some of the wacky plotting, I really like those characters. Of course, I'd pretty much tune in to watch Jason Katims read the phone book.
Same here.

The season didn't conclude the series. Last year had a more rounded maybe-it's-over feel, I thought. Or maybe that was two years ago? I lose track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks