What's new

Parental Control? (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
What's that? Just put Dario Argentos PHANTOM OF THE OPERA in the player and the only thing that comes up is "PARENTAL CONTROL LIMIT PLAYBACK" message.

Nothing from my remote produces any other clues - no menue, no Play, no nothing, but a blue screen after that message.

Is this a new kind of defective disk, do I have to visit the user manual or setup for the player? (Yikes! I hate touching something that has worked ok til now.)Any tips?

Thanks

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You have your parental control settings set low apparently. Go into your menu and set it to the highest setting. If a password was set, then you may need to call your equipment manufacturer on how to reset it

John Watson

Screenwriter
Well, I checked out the player and its (default) set at 8, can't get any higher than that.

Can't find the issuing company (ARDUSTRY) on line to ask any question, so back it goes to Amazon :frowning:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, they may have set it to the fabled level 9 in the authoring process..............

Weird

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
The only DVD I know of that has the parental control is Charlie's Angels.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Most DVDs have it, especially New Line and Columbia. They say on the package something like "This disc supports parental lock

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
That's correct. I haven't checked lately, but as I recall some studios give good support to parental control and some do not. That can make it somewhat frustrating. Being a parent of four children myself, it's much easier to place certain DVDs "out of sight" than try and guess whether or not it will authored correctly to support parental control.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks