Parent-proof HTIB?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DerekF, Sep 21, 2002.

1. DerekF

DerekF Stunt Coordinator

I need some advice on choosing a HTIB for my parents ( to replace 20+ - year - old electronics, but sound quality and features are not my priority....it has to be dead easy to use!

I'm looking for a package that gives them a single remote to control DVD, tuner & CD. S-video in would be nice (so I can hook their satellite through it)...but otherwise, ease of use rules!

Thoughts??

2. Scott Reiss

Scott Reiss Agent

I am eagerly awaiting thoughts here too... I am in the same situation and need to line something up so I can do the install over Thanksgiving when I am visiting. I've been thinking about the Kenwood HTiB 505, but would need to add the DVD player (probably ~120 at Costco or Sam's).

You're right: ease of use is mandatory or nothing else matters. It could sound and look great but be nothing but a source of frustration.

This would augment a basic TV and budget VCR. I might want to update the TV also as I suspect it's about a 27 inch composite video-only TV (need to find out).

The other thing I need to find out is what budget they'll tolerate. Definitely $1000 at the top (including DVD and TV) and maybe less.

Any thoughts from anyone?