Parasound/Paradigm Reference combination--Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve*MH, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Steve*MH

Steve*MH Stunt Coordinator

In the forums on this site, I have found some positive comments about the synergy and good results obtained from combining Parasound amplifiers and Paradigm Reference speakers. Just wanted to get some firm comments from those that have had experience or know those that have had Parasound amplifiers i.e., 2205A and Paradigm Reference speakers, in particular Studio 100s. Apparently, the Parasounds provide a "warm" sound that is a great match for the detail provided from the Paradigm Reference series. I am awaiting the new Halo series and the A51 amplifier (update of the 2205) to combine with an all Paradigm Reference set (Studio 100s, CC-450, and ADP-450s). Thoughts on this combo based on the 2205 performance and it combination with the Paradigm Reference Studio 100s?
    Anyone heard anything new, good or bad about the new Halo series and the upcoming "1-series" components.
    Thanks for any comments.

2. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

Sounds like a nice amp. I'm getting an 855 for my Studio 40s, and later expect to add another Parasound amp for bi amping the set(4-40s/studioCC) Even though this is small power compaired to your setup, it will be interesting to hear how the Parasound works with the Studio tweeters. My hope is that it warms them up a little. I tend to back down the treble about 1 or 2db on the Stuios(my taste) so maby this will help.
    I like the speaks, but have always felt they were a little edgy on top. Sounds like you're thinking the same thing.
    The source player is an RP91K.
    I should have everything together by Thursday night.
    I'll post my thoughts here.
    Eric

3. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Steve, I own a parasound 2205 and studio 100s I find the combo to be a great match[​IMG] I had the rotel 1075 and 1095 in my home for about a week and I preferred the 2205 I thought it offered a warmer sound and the base was a little more apparent. All are very nice amps I chose the one that sounded best to me[​IMG] The best advice I can give you is try several amps in your home its the only way you will truly know[​IMG]
    Good luck Bob

4. Christopher Lyn

Christopher Lyn Stunt Coordinator

Steve, I am using the Parasound 1205A with the Studio 80's...guess you can say that my setup is essentially the "little brother" in both amp and speakers to yours.

Great combination...I find that it is still on the bright side when compared using a Bryston amp...However, my room is quite "dead" and the brightness "give some livelieness" to my acoustics.

I don't think you could go wrong with the Studio 100s and the 2205s.