What's new

Parasound or NAD? Recommendations for amp for Magneplanar 1.6 (1 Viewer)

toddles

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd
Hi, I have a 5.1 setup but will likely go to a 7.1 or 7.2 later on. I currently have: Fronts: Magneplanar 1.6 Centre: Magneplanar MMG C Rears: Magneplanar MC1 Sub: REL Receiver: Pioneer SC-27 What do people recommend for either a 5 or 7 channel amplifier... I'm considering a NAD T975 (7-chan) or a Parasound A52 (5-chan), or would people recommend just getting a kick-ass 2-chan amplifier? Cheers

toddles

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd
mccambley said:
Considering that the Mags are 4 ohm and 86-88 sensitivity I would go with the Parasound Halo A 51 and if you want to add 7.1 later you could add a J C 1 or an A 21 amp.
Thanks for your input mccambley. I'd rather the A51 over the A52 but it's almost twice the price. If I was to consider that price then I'd probably open up my options to some other amps too. Someone also recommended a Sherbourn that's in the A52 and T975 price range but another guy I know said he wouldn't. Any other suggestions/ advice is more than welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks